The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Is McKeon's Sacks an Exploit or Not?

Do you feel using an 89 speed 89 acceleration LB as a DE is a game exploit?

Yes
No

Re: Is McKeon's Sacks an Exploit or Not?

By setherick
7/01/2020 9:21 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I'd also like to propose a ban on 65 speed CBs with marginal coverage skills because this guy's interception stats are out of this world: https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/player/5244

38 pass catching and 29 courage for a DB is insane!

Cough cough

Nah, it's legit. The max a DB can get is like 40 in pass catching if I remember right. I should go back to weighting catching at 1 again for DBs.
Last edited at 7/01/2020 9:21 pm

By Cjfred68
7/01/2020 9:59 pm
Ok....I guess Infinity showed me with all that....I mean he put stuff in bold print and everything....he is so smart....its like he was filming practice.

I spent at least 30 seconds on that gameplan during week 15 of a game that meant absolutely nothing.....but some of it was in bold so he must be on to something. I would just say I selected 40 plays on offense and hit autoscout but I'm still stinging from that incredible burn.

Clearly I've talked too much so I'm going dark in this league. I have 6 other leagues to run and nobody has any choice there about listening to me talk.....besides quitting!

By Infinity on Trial
7/01/2020 10:03 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Ok....I guess Infinity showed me with all that....I mean he put stuff in bold print and everything....he is so smart....its like he was filming practice.

I spent at least 30 seconds on that gameplan during week 15 of a game that meant absolutely nothing.....but some of it was in bold so he must be on to something. I would just say I selected 40 plays on offense and hit autoscout but I'm still stinging from that incredible burn.

Clearly I've talked too much so I'm going dark in this league. I have 6 other leagues to run and nobody has any choice there about listening to me talk.....besides quitting!

Not only did I not bold anything, I didn't even spend 30 seconds preparing for that game
Last edited at 7/01/2020 10:04 pm

By Cjfred68
7/01/2020 10:18 pm
Setherick/Infinity.......same thing

By setherick
7/01/2020 10:34 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Setherick/Infinity.......same thing

Hardly. IoT has no idea how to handle the squirrel.

Regardless, the point here is that you and AD - the two that have been the most vocal about this - both rely on offenses that exploit two different aspects of the game. Slant routes, and especially the Hitch with it's two deep blockers and no way to get pressure on it, are broken badly. The WR breaks down the DB on almost every play, so defenses are left with few options. One of which is putting a deep safety on that side.

The RB wheel routes are similarly broken because RBs at 217# have a max SP of 92 SP, which allows them to get by all LBs of weight, and it becomes a bigger exploit when you drop the RB to WR to get their speed up to 95. On these plays, an RB with top Route will "lose" his man while running the wheel route. That is, he will lose the coverage BEFORE he even crosses the LOS.

So, again, why are offenses that rely on these types of plays not exploits when a defense design around stopping them is?

And before someone brings up the "you have to run the defense 40 times a game" argument. There are multiple offensive plays that wreck defenses using exploits. There are very few that completely shut down all or at least most of them.
Last edited at 7/01/2020 10:35 pm

By Cjfred68
7/01/2020 10:49 pm
Not my league....besides the punt block rules.....there are no rules against what you are doing.....have fun with it.....its a game.

If I see you in the playoffs....I will follow the rules and if I run my exploit offense....you should win easily right?

So I don't understand what the problem is....if the play would be just as good with a slower player then nothing changes for you. Right?

None of this has anything to do with me personally....if you truly believe the offense I ran in week 15 of a meaningless game is the same I would run against you then advantage goes to me.....or maybe because I know you know that I know you are running that defense....I won't change a thing?!?!?!? Hahahahahhaa

Last edited at 7/01/2020 10:54 pm

By setherick
7/01/2020 11:08 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:

So I don't understand what the problem is....if the play would be just as good with a slower player then nothing changes for you. Right?

Correct. Nothing changes for me. My position has been the same since the first time you or AD or anyone else started screaming exploit about McKeon's sacks. McKeon is simply forcing teams to reckon with knowing their offenses are vulnerable even with fast, talent WRs that can exploit most defensive calls.

The 46 has been effective in other leagues with other, slower players. But not nearly as effective as it has been in USFL mostly because of the play calls that McKeon has gotten his sacks against.

This guy has 25 sacks in 9 games: https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/player/7455
This guy had 19 sacks and I only called the 46 Heavy 10 times a game: https://champions.myfootballnow.com/player/2149

Regardless, if we meet in the playoffs, I wouldn't rely on a 46 Heavy game plan against your offense. Instead it would look something like this:

113 <- Dime Double WR1
122 <- 3-4 C1
203 <- Nickel Double WR3
212 <- 46 Heavy (it's the only play I have that covers the Hitch effectively, and per the data, I'm going to see it at least 3 times)
221 <- Attack #1 with DB override
311 <- GL 3 Deep Man (I'm willing to gamble that the 311 Draw isn't going to get enough yards)

Don't think that I blindly call the 46 Heavy against every opponent. It's not an effective strategy to win with defense. Just too many GMs have game plans that it is effective against.

By Cjfred68
7/01/2020 11:48 pm
I think Im just call the FL Hitch all game and take my chances....one play playbook

By AlexanDragon
7/02/2020 11:17 am
I'm literally just selecting plays that gives more than 4yards average and unselect plays that don't... But call me a exploitative person as you wish. Freedom of speech I guess.

Btw, I did change all my gameplan after your complaints because that's what someone with respect would do. Wink wink cough cough. I could've gone back after our rematch but I didn't. I believe in fairness, not in this game anymore though.

By setherick
7/02/2020 11:38 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
I'm literally just selecting plays that gives more than 4yards average and unselect plays that don't... But call me a exploitative person as you wish. Freedom of speech I guess.

Btw, I did change all my gameplan after your complaints because that's what someone with respect would do. Wink wink cough cough. I could've gone back after our rematch but I didn't. I believe in fairness, not in this game anymore though.

All I know is that you destroyed the 3-4 Cover 1 pretty thoroughly the second time we played. So whatever you did do, keep doing it?