The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Chicago Blitz and Memphis Showboats

By Infinity on Trial
3/09/2020 7:10 pm
He climbed from 29 to 48 in his first year (with 100 potential), which makes me think he's two years away from hitting 70+ in the best case scenario. I've also seen guys with 100 potential who never get above 55 (or whatever) in actual rating. Of course, he could also jump from 48 to 85 by the end of preseason. Always a gamble, but I was willing to move on for the right price.

By Mcarovil
3/09/2020 7:57 pm
My #1 overall Melvin Don’t call me INT Driggers took 4 season to get to 90 accuracy Year 5 he is 96. He better be worth the wait!!!
Last edited at 3/09/2020 7:57 pm

By Hellbringer
3/10/2020 4:14 am
Would coaching attributes have a factor in how fast the player accuracy climbs?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/10/2020 6:34 am
Hellbringer wrote:

It's supposed to. I read somewhere long ago what the breakdown was, but can't remember exactly. Pretty sure most of the development is independent of coaching but it does have some influence, like 10% maybe. Don't quote me on the exact %, I'm just guessing.

By hollyhh2000
3/10/2020 8:26 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:

It's supposed to. I read somewhere long ago what the breakdown was, but can't remember exactly. Pretty sure most of the development is independent of coaching but it does have some influence, like 10% maybe. Don't quote me on the exact %, I'm just guessing.

from official blog
http://blog.myfootballnow.com/2013/11/first-class-coach-management.html

During training camp and each game stage, your players will improve in their attributes. This is tied directly to their coaching staff hierarchy above them. The influence of his position coach is 20%, his coordinator's influence is 30%, and his head coach's influence is 50%. Kickers have a 50/50 split between head coach and kicker's coach. The more influence a player has from his coaching staff, the faster his current value will approach his future value.

By Infinity on Trial
3/10/2020 8:34 am
Interesting, my HC has poor pass accuracy

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/10/2020 9:01 am
hollyhh2000 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:

from official blog
http://blog.myfootballnow.com/2013/11/first-class-coach-management.html

During training camp and each game stage, your players will improve in their attributes. This is tied directly to their coaching staff hierarchy above them. The influence of his position coach is 20%, his coordinator's influence is 30%, and his head coach's influence is 50%. Kickers have a 50/50 split between head coach and kicker's coach. The more influence a player has from his coaching staff, the faster his current value will approach his future value.

Thank You!

By Hellbringer
3/10/2020 9:29 am
Good stuff, thanks!

By Smirt211
3/10/2020 9:29 am
Tricky. I'd focus on making the troika as strong as possible. Head Coach and the Coordinators and I wouldn't get lost down this rabbit hole. If you devote your mental resources to gaining an advantage here (minimal impact) you'll lose grip on strategies that affect the actual on the field.

I know Infinity has mentioned it and I've never truly took one gander at it but positional coaches movements (guess Ima get acquainted with the graph charts). One thing to note is with positional coaches you're at the mercy of the unemployed talent pool, therefore, you can't just go poof and have highly rated coaches. (you're looking at 60+ overall rated guys) I suppose this is where targeting certain attributes per the positional coach comes in...

It's interesting.

By Mcarovil
3/12/2020 7:00 pm
It’s funny cause like Greg said, there had been in-depth conversations about the influence of coaches and even with the input of JDB it was understood that it was like 10%/5%/1% of the HC/Coord/positional. That blog is totally different. Wow. Good thing Team Mcarovil spends countless hours hiring coaches!