The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Chicago Blitz and Memphis Showboats

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/07/2020 10:12 am
Chicago Blitz sends:
1989 Round 2
1990 Round 1

Memphis Showboats sends:
Ronald Brown (QB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Chicago Blitz and Memphis Showboats

By setherick
3/07/2020 12:43 pm
I like this trade a lot. I had a QB that was in a similar situation (< 50 accuracy) entering year 2 in Paydirt, and he turned out just fine: https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/player/6828

Brown has more IN (so fewer INTs) than my guy and a little more SP.

By CrimsonWolfZ
3/07/2020 2:38 pm
I've been having issues at QB for the past 6 seasons so if it takes Brown a couple seasons to develop I don't mind waiting.

By setherick
3/07/2020 2:40 pm
CrimsonWolfZ wrote:
I've been having issues at QB for the past 6 seasons so if it takes Brown a couple seasons to develop I don't mind waiting.

I think Brown hits the 60 Accuracy mark by the end of preseason. That seems to be the point where the INTs drop considerably.

The problem that I have with < 90 INT QBs is that they are all Eli Manning. You get 5 TDs and 500 yards, or 300 yards and 4 INTs.

By Hellbringer
3/09/2020 11:18 am
setherick wrote:
CrimsonWolfZ wrote:

I think Brown hits the 60 Accuracy mark by the end of preseason. That seems to be the point where the INTs drop considerably.

The problem that I have with < 90 INT QBs is that they are all Eli Manning. You get 5 TDs and 500 yards, or 300 yards and 4 INTs.

That part has been baffling.

By AlexanDragon
3/09/2020 2:53 pm
I'm surprised IOT didn't keep him as his franchise QB. Because that's a great one at a small price

By Infinity on Trial
3/09/2020 4:17 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
I'm surprised IOT didn't keep him as his franchise QB. Because that's a great one at a small price

I'm concerned he won't unlock the accuracy potential, and don't need him immediately, so will look for another prospect with the 1st rounder gained in the trade.

By AlexanDragon
3/09/2020 5:26 pm
What do you mean by "unlock the accuracy potential" ?

By Smirt211
3/09/2020 6:23 pm
Rookie/youth QBs have their accuracy develop slowly - sometimes. His concern is that it'll basically be 'are we there yet?' for seasons and seasons waiting for the accuracy to climb to 80+ lets say.

By AlexanDragon
3/09/2020 6:42 pm
Ah gotcha. But he will for sure. I got lucky with my franchise QB brewer is starting his third year and already at 93