The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: End of the Line For The Commissioner

By tribewriter
9/06/2019 8:33 pm
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Hope we can find someone with the time and resources to really make this league go.

By Wolveraider
9/06/2019 9:43 pm
You will be sorely missed, but I certainly understand RL priorities....this is definitely one of the best, if not the best run league in MFN....your creativity, your intelligent and well thought out articles were always enlightening and enjoyable.

Kudos to you and best of luck in RL.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/07/2019 5:13 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
Thanks Tribewriter, you are the reason I came back to this league. You have been a great LA and good luck with RL. For me moving forward, my staying in the league is dependent upon who runs it. If they stay actively involved in the league, great. IF it is just someone that wants to attach their name and let the league pretty much, die a slow death, I will be leaving.

I agree about Tribewriter being a great LA and wish him luck irl, he leaves some gigantic shoes to fill.

Looking over the other 31 owners here, I can't think of a single one who would want to attach their name to this league then watch it die. We have always had very low owner turnover here so I would bet the farm nobody has any ill intent.

Lastly, I know you and I have had our issues over the injury posts but I don't hold a grudge against you. I thought about volunteering to take over for TW all night at work and I decided to throw my name in the hat. If I do take over, I sincerely hope you will stay. Your teams are always competitive and you are active on the forums which makes you an asset to the league

By greyghost1225
9/07/2019 6:06 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
Thanks Tribewriter, you are the reason I came back to this league. You have been a great LA and good luck with RL. For me moving forward, my staying in the league is dependent upon who runs it. If they stay actively involved in the league, great. IF it is just someone that wants to attach their name and let the league pretty much, die a slow death, I will be leaving.

I agree about Tribewriter being a great LA and wish him luck irl, he leaves some gigantic shoes to fill.

Looking over the other 31 owners here, I can't think of a single one who would want to attach their name to this league then watch it die. We have always had very low owner turnover here so I would bet the farm nobody has any ill intent.

Lastly, I know you and I have had our issues over the injury posts but I don't hold a grudge against you. I thought about volunteering to take over for TW all night at work and I decided to throw my name in the hat. If I do take over, I sincerely hope you will stay. Your teams are always competitive and you are active on the forums which makes you an asset to the league

Please don't think this was directed at any specific person, because it wasn't. I said this, because I do think highly of the league and wanted to fully disclose my intent. I am in a few leagues and have dropped a few with great LA's. My main reason for staying in this league was TW. I am currently sitting at 5 leagues and have no plans on dropping any of those. In a different discussion I have no plans on picking anymore up as well, if any are dropped.. I am willing to give any new LA a learning period, but if it appears to me that the league is headed in a direction I no longer want to be a part of, then I will exit.

By Hellbringer
9/07/2019 1:34 pm
Tribe, thanks so much for the time that you have dedicated to this league. You will be missed!

By Cjfred68
9/07/2019 9:24 pm
So besides Raidergreg69, is anyone else throwing their name into the ring?

I think it's best if we vote sooner rather than later so Tribewriter can create a poll, step down and handle his real life situation.

If you are interested in taking over, speak up and Tribe can create a league poll

By tribewriter
9/08/2019 7:38 am
If no one else volunteers by Monday, raidergreg69 and I will just move forward with the transition process.

By greyghost1225
9/08/2019 1:24 pm
tribewriter wrote:
If no one else volunteers by Monday, raidergreg69 and I will just move forward with the transition process.

I am all for this pick. He has been around and knows his stuff. Time will tell on my decision. I hope he realizes this is an automatic no championship allowed, when he takes the position. :)

By ToroTex
9/08/2019 1:47 pm
You're a class act TW. Hope to have you back in the near future. Best of luck to you.

By Jaybo911
9/08/2019 5:47 pm
Thanks Tribe for making this league the best and my favorite. And well wishes in your life moving forward.