The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

End of the Line For The Commissioner

By tribewriter
9/06/2019 8:56 am
Guys, I am going to need to give up the USFL/WFL.

This has been a fun venture, but much has changed recently. Our office staff has been significantly reduced, and I am now doing the work of three people. When I am home (which is not often lately), I need to pay more attention to family priorities (like fixing things or becoming reacquainted with my wife). I can no longer devote the time to this league that I could when I started it.

It would be great if one of you would volunteer to take over as commissioner. If more than one person wants to do it, we can have an election. I will pass on all the historical data to allow those records to be updated.

I won't abandon this league until the end of this season, or until the new commissioner is ready to take over, whichever comes first.

I will still hang on to a couple of my MFN teams that don't require much maintenance, so you can always PM me for information.

Thanks for understanding and for being a fun group of coaches to work with. Maybe someday, if things change, I can return to this league as a coach. That would be great.

Re: End of the Line For The Commissioner

By Cjfred68
9/06/2019 1:25 pm
Fully understand your priorities but you will be missed. Hopefully in the future you can return

By punisher
9/06/2019 1:56 pm
tribewriter wrote:

NO!!!!!!!! your the 2nd person who is giving up a league novaquasar who is giving up any given sunday

tribewriter wrote:

Our office staff has been significantly reduced, and I am now doing the work of three people.

might want to find another place to work when you are doing more work chances are you are probably going to get fired.

By Cjfred68
9/06/2019 3:01 pm
punisher wrote:
tribewriter wrote:

NO!!!!!!!! your the 2nd person who is giving up a league novaquasar who is giving up any given sunday

tribewriter wrote:

Our office staff has been significantly reduced, and I am now doing the work of three people.

might want to find another place to work when you are doing more work chances are you are probably going to get fired.

I'm sure Tribewriter feels guilty enough about leaving but the real world trumps whatever happens in this game. Making him feel more guilty isnt helpful.

As for his professional live, I'm quite sure Tribewriter is capable of making an informed decision about his career. I have gone through many restructures since I work for the government. Budgets change every year and positions come and go but the cream always rises and this is just a hunch based on his league.....but Tribewriter is the type to rise.

Good luck Tribewriter in all your endeavors and we will still see you around. My hats off to you on one of the best run leagues in MFN and all the owners will have to step up and keep it going. Hopefully someone has the time to take over.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/06/2019 3:08 pm
Bad news often drops on Friday. I feel you about work, my employer has been doing more with less for years now. The only difference is that means more deliveries for me, so more money keeps me from complaining. Every Friday, we cover our huge delivery area with just 3 drivers after midnight, weeknights it's usually 2. The managers are good at timing the food so it is coming out of the oven when we get back to the store, so the food is still hot and fresh, even if it's been an hour wait. Customers don't complain, drivers don't complain and the bottom line looks good, so rinse and repeat.

I am considering volunteering. I haven't wanted to do it before because I didn't want to deal with the headaches associated with it, especially recruiting owners. I think this league wouldn't be a headache in that regard, we've always been full. It's kind of like buying a used car. Most of them need some work before they're in good shape but the USFL is like that rare car that has only been driven back and forth to church, has a perfect maintenance record, never smoked in, etc.

If someone else volunteers, I'd probably defer to them though.

By trslick
9/06/2019 3:09 pm
Well said Cj, I will miss you Tw, bless you and the family!

By Cjfred68
9/06/2019 3:17 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Bad news often drops on Friday. I feel you about work, my employer has been doing more with less for years now. The only difference is that means more deliveries for me, so more money keeps me from complaining. Every Friday, we cover our huge delivery area with just 3 drivers after midnight, weeknights it's usually 2. The managers are good at timing the food so it is coming out of the oven when we get back to the store, so the food is still hot and fresh, even if it's been an hour wait. Customers don't complain, drivers don't complain and the bottom line looks good, so rinse and repeat.

I am considering volunteering. I haven't wanted to do it before because I didn't want to deal with the headaches associated with it, especially recruiting owners. I think this league wouldn't be a headache in that regard, we've always been full. It's kind of like buying a used car. Most of them need some work before they're in good shape but the USFL is like that rare car that has only been driven back and forth to church, has a perfect maintenance record, never smoked in, etc.

If someone else volunteers, I'd probably defer to them though.

I would 2nd Raidergregs nomination. He is perfect since he had been around from the beginning of the league and is familiar with its rich history. He also has shown his creativity with his renaming of players and done writeups in the forums that are well thought out and easy to read.

Beyond all that, he is a good dude who loves the game even with his injury frustrations. I wouldnt expect him to replace or be the next Tribewriter because that's huge shoes to fill......but just be Raidergreg69 and that will be good enough for me.

By mwd65
9/06/2019 5:45 pm
A big thank you to Tribewriter for all he has done for this league. I'm not one of the original owners (but close), and this is one of my favorite leagues.

You have been on top of everything that happens here, and you are one of the best league admins on MFN.

I hope things get easier and you return soon!

By Pernbronze
9/06/2019 5:56 pm
Thank you tribe for being one of the greatest admins in mfn history. You will be missed.

By greyghost1225
9/06/2019 7:09 pm
Thanks Tribewriter, you are the reason I came back to this league. You have been a great LA and good luck with RL. For me moving forward, my staying in the league is dependent upon who runs it. If they stay actively involved in the league, great. IF it is just someone that wants to attach their name and let the league pretty much, die a slow death, I will be leaving.