The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 All-Pro Ballot is Up!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/01/2019 6:59 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
Greg although i understand and slitghy lean towards your point. Theres also the fact that the guy who did more snaps, did more snaps.
I mean he stayed healthy through a tougher season and that is worth noting too.

Health has nothing to do with it. I was trying to make a point without bringing up my team, but when we're healthy, we average 35-40 minutes of offensive possession a game. Over a 16 game season, my defensive players have significantly less snaps because they get off the field in fewer plays.

I haven't actually looked, but I bet most of the leading tacklers are from non playoff teams.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/01/2019 7:06 pm
I didn't want to bring up my team because I don't want it to look like I'm pimping my guys. The only "award" I care about other than World Bowls will be getting James Lockette in our Hall of Fame whenever he retires.

It's just a general point that in my opinion, high tackle numbers aren't a measure of how good a player is. It likely means he's the best player on a bad defense who always has to cover up the mistakes of his teammates.

When I vote, I generally look at INT's and catch %.

By AlexanDragon
8/01/2019 8:13 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
I didn't want to bring up my team because I don't want it to look like I'm pimping my guys. The only "award" I care about other than World Bowls will be getting James Lockette in our Hall of Fame whenever he retires.

It's just a general point that in my opinion, high tackle numbers aren't a measure of how good a player is. It likely means he's the best player on a bad defense who always has to cover up the mistakes of his teammates.

I do the same! Im with you on everything you say too. That happens in real life too.

By cyclonelomax
8/01/2019 8:34 pm
voted

By ToroTex
8/01/2019 9:03 pm
voted

By eyeballll
8/01/2019 10:27 pm
Done!

By pdoug20
8/01/2019 11:27 pm
Voted

By Pernbronze
8/02/2019 1:00 am
Voted

By Pernbronze
8/02/2019 1:01 am
raidergreg69 wrote:

Agreed, I ignore tackles except as a tie breaker.

By Cjfred68
8/02/2019 1:28 am
Honestly a real NFL defensive stat which I wish this game tracked is "tackle for lose".

A tackle for a lose is just as significant as a sack. I don't know about all of you but my running backs get tackled for a lose multiple times a game and it's a drive killer.