The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Season, Week 4 Discussion

By vcr5150
7/01/2019 1:49 pm
gg Birmingham. We played good enough to win it, but didn't. I knew it wasn't our day with that late game fumble, and my defensive guy did a 720 degree turn around the ball before the fumbler recovered his own fumble.

The Wrangler's mojo isn't working. Feels like they should/could be 3-1, instead are 1-3. Maybe time to shake some things up before the season is lost.

Tribewriter - hope you get feeling better. Burns can hurt bad. Sorry that happened to you.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/01/2019 1:58 pm
Kababmaster wrote:
tribewriter wrote:
Guys, I may be delayed in my conversation starters for Week 4. I burned my fingers on a hot lawn mower engine and they are bandaged, making it really difficult to type. I will do my best to resume normal activities when the blisters have subsided. Nope, not making this up.

ugh, and I thought I had it bad. Get well soon.

Get well soon! You have now been invited to the stupid injury club, I'll be your sponsor. I have hurt myself in silly ways numerous times but the strangest is I knocked myself out sneezing once.

I was in an office chair at home, playing online poker when I had a massive sneeze coming on. I didn't want to spew on my computer so I quickly turned as I sneezed and I guess I fell out of the chair, hitting my head on the edge of 2 walls because next thing I know I'm on the floor under my desk. My computer was beeping at me because it was my turn to act and my clock was running out. I estimate I was out cold 30 seconds to a minute.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/01/2019 2:01 pm
Oh, I've also stepped into holes while working on 2 occasions, once twisting up my knee and the other spraining my ankle, requiring a walking boot for a few days. I could do this all day but I have to work tonight.

Feel free to laugh, I laugh now. Wasn't funny at the time but it's funny now.

By tribewriter
7/01/2019 3:01 pm
Thanks, guys. By the end of my shift today, I should have one-hand typing down to a science,

By punisher
7/01/2019 6:31 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Guys, I may be delayed in my conversation starters for Week 4. I burned my fingers on a hot lawn mower engine and they are bandaged, making it really difficult to type. I will do my best to resume normal activities when the blisters have subsided. Nope, not making this up.

OUCH ......Hope it gets better

By shavar
7/01/2019 6:52 pm
Well lets see a fast recap

Voodoo first 3 possessions 3 and out , interception, fumble

Maulers first 3 possessions TD, FG, TD

It was a pretty even match after that point and I do like some of the things I saw .However we was unable to recover, losing our first contest of the regular season 31-17.

GG Maulers

By CrazyRazor
7/01/2019 8:26 pm
Ugly game, hectorg93/Bulls. I would've thrown things had you finished off that comeback. I hate turnovers that help the other team get back in the game.

Maybe I should ask JDB about this losing team "handicap" that helps them get back in the game when getting thumped.

By Wolveraider
7/01/2019 8:38 pm
vcr5150 wrote:
gg Birmingham. We played good enough to win it, but didn't. I knew it wasn't our day with that late game fumble, and my defensive guy did a 720 degree turn around the ball before the fumbler recovered his own fumble.

The Wrangler's mojo isn't working. Feels like they should/could be 3-1, instead are 1-3. Maybe time to shake some things up before the season is lost.

Tribewriter - hope you get feeling better. Burns can hurt bad. Sorry that happened to you.

Good game Wranglers....watching the game, I felt like the wranglers played a better game, but we were the ones that got the break late.

Feel better soon TW.

By Kababmaster
7/01/2019 10:14 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Kababmaster wrote:
TW, please allow me an indulgence.

Yeah, so I woke up to find I had spent 75 billion hours of sleep, fell down two flights of stairs to be met with dog poo....fell on said dog poo, and let the muts out. Went to organise some semblance of breakfest, to find the milk was stale.

Not a good start to Week 4 for me.

A 53-20 victory makes up for all of that.

I'm more stunned on that result...almost akin to the Gamblers loss....please keep up CJ :P
Last edited at 7/01/2019 10:15 pm

By AlexanDragon
7/01/2019 11:02 pm
Gg gamblers that was a close game.

All this makes me feel better about me dislocating my jaw by blowing my nose yesterday...thanks guys!
Last edited at 7/01/2019 11:15 pm