The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Season, Week 3 Discussion

By tribewriter
6/28/2019 8:18 pm
Write rules for the last 2 minutes that override your normal settings.

By Wolveraider
6/28/2019 8:46 pm
Good game Voodoo....you know you would hope when a GM like Greyghost leaves your division that things would get a bit easier, but nooooo...along comes shavar and keeps things rolling, good job man...at this rate you're going to run away with the division.

I never like to lose, but I don't feel bad about my team (it's still early)....our offense is clicking, we just need to start scoring some touchdowns....we're wearing out the middle of the field.

By greyghost1225
6/28/2019 9:57 pm
Wolveraider wrote:
Good game Voodoo....you know you would hope when a GM like Greyghost leaves your division that things would get a bit easier, but nooooo...along comes shavar and keeps things rolling, good job man...at this rate you're going to run away with the division.

I never like to lose, but I don't feel bad about my team (it's still early)....our offense is clicking, we just need to start scoring some touchdowns....we're wearing out the middle of the field.

wolveraider, still in the division, just moved over to give you more competition. :)

By AlexanDragon
6/28/2019 10:12 pm
Gg mwd!

By shavar
6/28/2019 10:21 pm
Wolveraider wrote:

Thank You , this was our first game where it felt like we was playing the way we need to .. especially early on. Having a 2 game lead in the division this early is nice but there is a long way to go and I have the knack of screwing things up just give me time.

By Cjfred68
6/29/2019 1:00 am
Duval wrote:
Well Houston, you go 25 of 27 with 310 yards passing in the first half.. i think i had like 50 yards total. The fact we even had a "last drive" chance to possibly win is simply unbelievable. You couldn't throw an incomplete, it's a cosmic injustice you aren't writing guides.

The fact that you still had a chance to win in the 4th after a dominant 1st half is the reason I'm not writing guides. Getting my starting RB back for his first start should help balance my offense and help to put teams away in the 2nd half.

My guide wouldnt be too insightful, put together a deep roster and when it comes to gameplanning, trial and error over the course of seasons using what works and throwing out what doesnt. The kicker is while I do have a baseline to start with, every team is different based on personal, play knowledge and coaching to some extent so every game teaches you something.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/29/2019 5:36 am
Hellbringer wrote:
tribewriter wrote:
Conversation starters from Week 3:
* The Michigan Panthers appeared poised for an upset win over New Jersey, leading 10-3, but the Panthers turned up their nose at what would have been a clinching field goal and threw an ill-advised pass in the final 2 minutes that was fumbled away by the receiver.

How can I avoid this?

Nothing you can do about fumbles but I have a rule in place for the last 2 minutes that says I run 100% of the time if I have a lead.
Last edited at 6/29/2019 5:37 am

By mwd65
6/29/2019 10:17 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
Gg mwd!

Thanks AlexanDragon!

You have your team playing well. I thought my Express team was pretty good on D, but giving up 50 points has my wondering about some big changes.

By AlexanDragon
6/29/2019 10:46 am
mwd65 wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
Gg mwd!

Thanks AlexanDragon!

You have your team playing well. I thought my Express team was pretty good on D, but giving up 50 points has my wondering about some big changes.

Dustin nichols is hard to stop too.
He's playing like i thoutgh he'd be playing since my beginning here. Better late than never.

By Kababmaster
6/29/2019 10:47 am
GG Saber Cats. Happy to get the win....and with only 2 injuries....it feels like an added bonus :)