The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Point of Pride

By tribewriter
5/01/2019 11:41 am
After looking through as many user-created leagues as I could, it appears the USFL/WFL is the longest-running active user-created league in MFN. There are other leagues in their 10th season, but none as far along as we are.

If I am wrong, please tell me.

If I am right, thanks for hanging in there, especially the 12 guys who have been here since Day One of this league.

Re: Point of Pride

By AlexanDragon
5/01/2019 2:56 pm
I wish i wasnt conservative back then on user created league so i could be one of the cool kids :(
LOL

By jabillups85
5/03/2019 5:57 pm
I thought 75 was the first custom league but I could be wrong.

By tribewriter
5/03/2019 7:32 pm
jabillups85 wrote:

Custom leagues are not user created leagues.
Last edited at 5/03/2019 7:32 pm

By jabillups85
5/03/2019 9:06 pm
tribewriter wrote:
jabillups85 wrote:

Custom leagues are not user created leagues.

My bad, I don't know the difference. lol

By Duval
5/03/2019 9:55 pm
I wouldn't mind running a league, but I'm not sure what kind of modifications you can put in place.

By Pernbronze
5/04/2019 12:08 am
First user created league was Anarchy but it had some inactivity downtimes.

By tribewriter
5/04/2019 5:34 am
Pernbronze wrote:

True. That league was created by jsid, who is no longer in MFN, four days before I created the USFL/WFL.

CrazyRazor has been league administrator since 10/10/18. That league is currently in Week 4 of its 10th season and has 14 openings.

By CrazyRazor
5/04/2019 9:54 am
tribewriter wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:

True. That league was created by jsid, who is no longer in MFN, four days before I created the USFL/WFL.

CrazyRazor has been league administrator since 10/10/18. That league is currently in Week 4 of its 10th season and has 14 openings.

It's been a tough road.

By greyghost1225
5/04/2019 10:24 am
This is not a remark about any LA, but just a general observation. One of the things I have started paying attention to is how much the league administrator is active in the the league. If a league administrator is just there for the name listed as LA for an ego boost. I am not to interested in the league. The 3 things I look at when getting in or for that matter staying in a league.

1. League Administrator, activity breeds activity. The top 2 LA's IMO right now are tribewriter and cjfred, they both are running outstanding leagues.
2. Trade activity, there are some leagues I won't get in due to specific owners and their trade philosophy. Some owners are addicted to trading, there is a time and a place. If a team is winning it is senseless to make 50 trades a season.
3. Who is winning the championships. If it is the same couple of owners I will pass. Yes there is something to be said for good teams, but at the same time some owners have just play to beat the code and not the other owners.

I will tolerate 2 and 3 though if the league administrator is good and has interest. If a human created league has a name attached and is on autopilot, my days will be numbered and normally will leave as soon as I get that specific team turned around.