By Pernbronze
4/30/2019 1:20 am
Duval wrote:
tribewriter wrote:
Duval wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
GG Baltimore

GG bro..

If anyone can help me out with somethings here. I'd like to know when the next update is coming out and if there is a way to see the items being addressed in that update. I've given this game about 15 months and have stayed pretty patient. I really don't mind the losses but not being able to land a sack with an LB,...ever is really ridiculous. You almost can't land a sack at anytime and when you do its pass interference or the qb still gets the ball off. This along with about a dozen other issues including mass injuries every game.

If the game isn't being balanced and injuries reduced I can't see myself staying with this game.. I put to much time in my leagues each week and I've enjoyed that time until recently, but once it stops being enjoyable it's time to move on.

If anyone has a link to a forum or thread that shows any update info I'd appreciate it

There is no official place where the developer posts updates, but you can look at these pages to get some clues:
https://www.myfootballnow.com/roadmap
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/6
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/13
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/6/1792?page=1#10823

Ive seen all of those except the first link so ty, I don't see anything about injuries, sacks etc. This is a list of cool football features. I don't feel much better reading this

From what I've heard in a few chats jdb wants to stick with this version a while so probably 5 or so seasons unless he's pressured to make changes.

Re: 1983 Season

By vcr5150
4/30/2019 8:21 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
Gg vcr! I think you scored twice as many points as i gave up on all of the first 5 games! Great offensive battle

yes, gg. We hung in for a while - but eventually got wore down due to being over-matched. Hopefully we can keep improving and give you a better challenge.

By punisher
4/30/2019 4:26 pm
Pernbronze wrote:

From what I've heard in a few chats jdb wants to stick with this version a while so probably 5 or so seasons unless he's pressured to make changes.

here is his message sounds more like the version will be in MFN 1 for a full season before he releases it to the rest of the leagues (btw i hope people are happy with all their complaining about the version because to me it seems like most game developers were like JDB in the beginning then after awhile they didnt update their game , listen to the complaints , etc. because that stuff always getting posted like every second , every minute , every hour , every day , every week , every month , etc. wears down a person and i hope i am wrong about that or same people will complain about that too.)

jdavidbakr wrote:
The last two patches were small patches - patches that intended to touch only a small amount of code. The problem is that because of the complexity of the engine, even small scope patches have a butterfly effect that impacts way beyond the goal scope, so adjustments have to be made along the entire ripple effect. Unfortunately, my goal to release frequent, small updates is probably impossible at this stage in development.

Given the feedback, I am going to slow down the release rate, probably including at least a full season in MFN-1 with no changes before releasing to the rest of the leagues. I don't like what is frustrating folks in the current version, but I also don't want to roll back to what was frustrating in the previous version that is currently fixed. As always, I invite anyone who loves braking down game film and wants to help make the game better to participate in the conversations in the Beta forum in MFN-1, and especially to grab a team as they become available.

from this thread = https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/1/5530?page=9#33814

By greyghost1225
4/30/2019 4:59 pm
Since you opened this up in the season thread. I have a question and you may or may not know the answer. I looked the the GM's in the beta league and over half of them I have never seen in a league before. Are these retirees that only play beta or do they actually play in other leagues.

adding this: a little exaggeration on my part, but close to half.

I am also curious where are all the owners that win 10-20-30 championships? It would seem like they would want to be a part of it to make the game better.
Last edited at 4/30/2019 5:16 pm

By CrazyRazor
4/30/2019 7:37 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Since you opened this up in the season thread. I have a question and you may or may not know the answer. I looked the the GM's in the beta league and over half of them I have never seen in a league before. Are these retirees that only play beta or do they actually play in other leagues.

I am also curious where are all the owners that win 10-20-30 championships? It would seem like they would want to be a part of it to make the game better.

Most of them don't bother with it. There are a myriad of reasons. I won't go into that. I wouldn't be surprised if these no-names are just new players. I have tried to make it known to all, that any help is welcome. Whether you are in the Beta League or not. The Forums are open for all.

By greyghost1225
4/30/2019 7:54 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

Most of them don't bother with it. There are a myriad of reasons. I won't go into that. I wouldn't be surprised if these no-names are just new players. I have tried to make it known to all, that any help is welcome. Whether you are in the Beta League or not. The Forums are open for all.

I appreciate what you are saying, but have attempted that before. There are too many people that want their own agenda's passed to make the game better for themselves instead of looking at the game as a whole and making it better for everyone, new and old alike.

By Pernbronze
5/01/2019 1:42 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

I appreciate what you are saying, but have attempted that before. There are too many people that want their own agenda's passed to make the game better for themselves instead of looking at the game as a whole and making it better for everyone, new and old alike.

I left beta because I wasn't really listened to, it seems like only a few GM's have his ear and if it isn't their idea it's ignored.

By Pernbronze
5/01/2019 1:43 am
GG express, now if only I could beat those in my division.

By Hellbringer
5/01/2019 4:25 am
GG Houston. You have a great ground game going

By Jaybo911
5/01/2019 4:46 am
GG crazyrazor sorry I missed your post has been crazy busy around my house and work lately.