The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1983 Training camp

By Otterpop
4/08/2019 12:49 pm
I am kind of disappointed. Everyone, well most everyone knows, I am not afraid to take risky picks. This draft I kind of kept everything safe and 1/2 busted.

1-16 LB Jeffrey Driks +9/-4 Vol 42 - yes 42 is consider safe to me and he dropped. I will have to watch his cover skills if they drop further he moving to Defensive End

2-15 DE/DT William Milligan +4/+7 Vol 90. This wasn't a safe pick. Looks like we finally have a LDE

3-14 OL James Sloan +3/-5 Vol 54. A bit of a disappointment if his pass blocking drops further he will find himself in the AFL

4-17 ??? Robert Wheeler +6/+4 Vol 52. Need to find where he is best suited, RB/FB/WR/TE not sure what to do with him.

5-16 CB Victor Bundy +2/-2 Vol 8. Likely going to cut him. Just doesn't have the coverage skills I like

6-15 QB Daniel Fisher +8/+0 Vol 2. An Extra Arm during training camp. Well probably be a forever backup somewhere

7-14 WR Willaim Jones +5/-3 Vol 38. Doesn't have the blocking skills to be a tight end. Maybe an ok WR or HB.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/08/2019 1:47 pm
Otterpop wrote:

4-17 ??? Robert Wheeler +6/+4 Vol 52. Need to find where he is best suited, RB/FB/WR/TE not sure what to do with him.

Just my 2 cents but he's 220 lbs now, so if you leave him at TE, he will gain weight/lose speed. He will still be a good TE though. I don't like his break tackle rating but I still wouldn't be afraid to use him at RB, he's already at weight and would be a good receiving back.

His best position is probably WR but you've already got so many of them. Using my weights, Wheeler would be your WR #3.

By Wolveraider
4/08/2019 9:32 pm
I'd like to complain about my 2nd round bust, but it's hard when everyone else in my draft went up. My best move may be voiding my 5th round pick LDE McNeil before training day, I checked, he went -14.

1st round: I wasn't really looking to draft O-line, but took what I thought was the best available, Happy I did, this guy could eventually be a real stud.
#79 Jeffery Hankins RG R 2/2 38/83

2nd round: Bummer...he may still make the squad, he still has some viable coverage skills. We'll see how he fares in preseason, probably end up a very expensive backup.
#33 Jeff Hinojos CB R 12/-7 46/64

3rd and 4th round: I'm lumping these two together, I was not happy with the RBs on my roster and liked where these two were available, With vols of 50 and 80 respectively, I'm pretty happy with both of these picks.
#32 Mark Peterson RB R 12/2 42/72
#30 Richard Sutton RB R 6/5 37/74

7th round: Looks like he will make the roster as a backup, his M2M skills are terrible, but hopefully can be made up for with good speed and B&R.
#94 Francis Cipriani WLB R 8/3 45/67

Overall I feel good about draft, would like to have gotten a young MLB, but next draft perhaps.

By cyclonelomax
4/09/2019 6:49 am
gonna be another loooooong season.