The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1983 Training camp

By Pernbronze
4/07/2019 11:49 pm
Good luck everyone.

Re: 1983 Training camp

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/08/2019 12:57 am

No busts in Generals camp, which is huge as we are an old team and need new blood soon.

By CrimsonWolfZ
4/08/2019 1:10 am
My 2nd round RDE went +6 (77 ovr) while my two 3rd rounders went +3 (71 ovr LDE) and +5 (71 ovr CB). My 7th round pick went +10 turning him into a solid potential backup WLB. Sadly my first round TE busted hard going -9 and went all the way down to a 72 but thankfully he has the skills to play LG fairly well, 79 ovr which should go up once he gains weight, which has helped salvaged the pick.
Last edited at 4/08/2019 1:11 am

By Hellbringer
4/08/2019 2:55 am
Very satisfied since I only had a few picks this year:

By Pernbronze
4/08/2019 3:45 am
The Storm are very happy with their training camp.

1-10 TE Stephen Hicks 51/87 +11/+0 The Storm figured Hicks to not only be the best but safest player in the draft and Hicks did not disappoint. Hicks is a massive Tight End over 270 pounds keeping his speed down to 77 aside from that he is excellent at every skill. No growth but no drop gave the Storm exactly what they were looking for.

The Storm didn't pick again til the 4th round. The Storm showed the value still available in a draft some called thin in the most Storm way possible.

4-9 LG Alonso Farris 48/84 +3/+5 The Storm featured 3 All-pro OL last season including all-universe Bellanger. However the teams line is aging and the Storm wanted to get ahead of the issue. Farris was the perfect selection. Farris features impressive physical and mental stats and with a perfect boom his technique will surpass them. With 73 pass blocking there is still a lot of room to grow and estimates at around a 90 overall fully grown. The Storm would love to start him but with entrenched legends it might take a trade of fair value to put him in the starting rotation, and the next pick is in the same boat.

4-22 RT Kenneth Burgess 47/82 +10/+7 Burgess doesn't quite have the same physical talent as Farris with Burgess limited by 74 strength but he has superior mental skills. His boom will also allow him perfect technical skills when fully grown equalling an outstanding starting lineman.

4-30 SS Eugene Snoddy 43/79 +18/+11 The Storm boast arguably the most talented and deep DB corp in the league, unfortunately they are aging. Enter Snoddy. Snoddy can play Safety or Corner at an elite level. Snoddy fell in the draft due to his 58 speed. While that will hold him back from easily super elite status a little he is outstanding everywhere else. His boom means he'll max all key stats except possibly run defense, which is currently 75/79, including stripping the ball. Whether he'll start with so much depth is uncertain and will hing on trades but he'll no doubt see at least a little playing time early and start in the future.

From here the Storm were disappointed.

5-23 QB Donald Briggs 43/69 +7/+2 Briggs had the potential to be an elite starter in the league but an unexpectedly low boom left him with 60 pass accuracy which means he'll be traded or cut.

6-22 WLB Devin Watson 28/46 +4/-10 Linebacker was the Storms biggest need and Watson showcased all the potential to take over as an All-pro. However he was the Storms only bust and all that potential was washed away. He'll be cut.

7-23 RB Robert Torres 35/58 +9/+3 Torres like Briggs had an underwhelming boom. Featuring excellent speed strength and pass blocking ability he'll likely catch on somewhere. However the storm like backs who can catch so he'll be either traded or likely cut if someone doesn't want exclusive rights to him on a cheap contract.

FA
5-29 LT Chris Gaymon 48/75 +5/+4 Gaymon was cut by the Michigan Panthers, but with 91 strength 70 speed and 83 intelligence on a 80 vol player the Storm jumped at his potential and we're rewarded. He likely won't max out but he'll grow quite a bit before all is said and done and has the talent of a starter but will likely be a career star backup for the Storm.

With the last 4 drafts the Storm have locked themselves into a decade of stars on the O-Line, including backups that would start on many other teams.

By tribewriter
4/08/2019 5:30 am
SoCal did not fare well. Second-round pick, 32 vol, lost 2 points. The poor get poorer.
The good news is, 16 picks in the top four rounds over the next two drafts.

Last edited at 4/08/2019 5:31 am

By jabillups85
4/08/2019 8:00 am
Thunderbolts have a blah camp. 4 booms and 4 busts.

By Duval
4/08/2019 8:28 am
10 draft picks ...: every single one busted... every flipping one.

By Pernbronze
4/08/2019 9:27 am
Duval wrote:

We thank you for your sacrifice?

By AlexanDragon
4/08/2019 9:39 am
Duval wrote:

Reminds me of...... Me

Only 3 "busts" but my 2 first rounders are of the lot.
Cursed renaming??

My booms are almost all late rounders who are MAYBE gonna be backup.
Last edited at 4/08/2019 9:55 am