League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

Re: NFL Picks Against the Spread

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/04/2020 2:35 pm
Last Week 4-1

Regular Season 43-39-3

Now let's see how I do in the playoffs.

Houston -2.5 The early Saturday game is always between teams that don't matter and this is no exception. Buffalo has had a nice season but I think Deshaun Watson is the difference as Houston wins. JJ Watt should help boost the Texans defense.

Houston 24 Buffalo 13

Tennessee +4.5 The Titans are probably the better team and might win outright, though I have a nagging feeling the refs might help keep New England alive into the next round. Either way, Vrabel will have the Titans ready to play and they won't get blown out.

New England 24 Tennessee 23

Minnesota +7.5 This is a BIG game so Cousins will **** right? Not so fast. Cousins has problems in night games but Sunday at 1:00 Cousins covers the spread 2/3 of the time (stat courtesy of Straight Outta Vegas with RJ Bell). I like the Saints, they are a real good football team but this isn't their year. Even if they win this game they will lose next week in Green Bay.

Minnesota 28 New Orleans 24

Philadelphia +1.5 Neither of these teams are healthy enough to go on a Super Bowl run but somebody has to win. Might as well pick the home team.

Philadelphia 22 Seattle 19

1/11/2020 6:52 am
Wildcard Weekend 3-1

Overall 46-40-3

San Francisco -6.5 It's not a Sunday 1:00 pm game so odds are Cousins won't cover. San Francisco is rested up and they'll get enough pressure on Cousins to force him into some mistakes.

49ers 27 Vikings 17

Tennessee +10 Both teams play similar styles and if the Ravens sell out to stop Henry, Tannehill can make plays over the top. I still like Baltimore to win the game, just not by double digits.

Old Browns 23 Flaming Thumbtacks 16

Kansas City -9.5 Houston has been outgained and outscored on the season and should really be 8-8. They will be exposed in this game as the Chiefs put on a show for the home fans.

Chiefs 41 Texans 17

Green Bay -4 The running game will be the difference. I think Seattle is lucky Wentz went down and if they knock out Mr. Discount Double Check they might win this game. They won't so they won't.

Packers 24 Seahawks 14

1/18/2020 11:52 pm
Divisional Round 4-0

Overall 50-40-3

Kansas City -7.5 Derrick Henry could get his yards and the Flaming Thumbtacks could still lose big. Kansas City can score in bunches, quickly and their defense has been improving weekly. I sort of expect a close game for 2 and a half to 3 quarters before the Chiefs pull away.

Chiefs 38 Flaming Thumbtacks 21

Green Bay +7.5 On paper, SF should destroy GB but one thing about Jimmy G is he likes to take chances over the middle. I can see this game playing out like the 49ers gain more yards than the Cheeseheads but a costly turnover or two, maybe even a special teams play will give Green Bay a short field or two and they squeak out a close game. In crunch time, who would you trust, Jimmy G or Mr. State Farm?

Green Bay 27 San Francisco 24

2/01/2020 5:09 am
Conference Championships 1-1

Overall 51-41-3

Kansas City -1.5

Seeing as how only half of my SB prediction was right, I need to rethink which team I pick. I guess the time really is now for Patrick Mahomes as the Face of the NFL, and it was stupid of me to pick a State Farm Bowl. Jimmy G might be the pretty boy but Mahomes moves the public needle, he is already must see TV. Plus I think Andy Reid is due some good fortune.

Football wise, with no chicanery from the refs, I also like KC. San Francisco has a very tough defense but the Chiefs defense is a top 10 unit as well, and the KC offense has too many weapons.

Kansas City 30 San Francisco 27