League Forums

Main - League Help

Re: QB question

By Smirt211
8/21/2020 3:24 pm
I scanned 1 game of yours. I saw a collection of pass plays which inflict damage on the opposition and I saw a few plays with openings for the defense.

You're in the middle with play calls on offense. Refinement but not swung in either direction in optimal damage vs. vulnerability.

Good luck, man!

By Smirt211
8/21/2020 3:28 pm
One more things and others were on it...I just looked.

You need the #1 overall draft pick and a 95/95 speed WR stocking. Snatch him and over-ride him into the main routes for particular plays and you'll be well on your way.

You're aimed for a prime pick. Now you just need a low vol, epic WR to obtain.

Ixnay: No 1st rounder. FA!!!! (but this league....sighs)
Last edited at 8/21/2020 3:29 pm

By tribewriter
8/21/2020 4:05 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
One more things and others were on it...I just looked.

You need the #1 overall draft pick and a 95/95 speed WR stocking. Snatch him and over-ride him into the main routes for particular plays and you'll be well on your way.

You're aimed for a prime pick. Now you just need a low vol, epic WR to obtain.

Ixnay: No 1st rounder. FA!!!! (but this league....sighs)

Looks like Pittsburgh traded its first-round pick in 1991 to Florida for the Blazers' 1-30 pick this season, LG George Ferrin. I think Ferrin is a nice player, but I'd much rather have that blazing speed WR you are referring to!

By jayusmc84
8/21/2020 4:17 pm
I was hoping I could settle the QB down with some pass protection. I know my WR aren't fast but I thought there pass-catching abilities would make up for the speed. We will see what's available in the second round, maybe some speed will still be around.
Last edited at 8/21/2020 4:18 pm

By Smirt211
8/21/2020 4:20 pm
Pass catching abilities with less speed can work for the 'dork' routes. They definitely have their purpose. Up and In style routes; road to nowhere routes. (curls and stuff like that; sit down routes)

Explosion routes = put speed into place. You need 2 speed components to slot in and then can disperse the 100s everywhere else guys (catching/route/courage etc...) into their proper routes.
Last edited at 8/21/2020 4:21 pm

By setherick
8/21/2020 5:06 pm
The immediate thing to do is to swap your WR1 and WR2. The guy you have at WR1 will still produce yards in the WR2 spot.

The bigger problem I noticed when skimming your last game was play calling.

1) Too few plays being called. (Going to get hit with overuse.)
2) Too heavily weighted toward medium plays.
3) The medium pass that you like the most is INT prone against most defenses.
4) You're not getting your QB enough high percentage plays (FL Hitch, Fullback Flats, etc.)

By jayusmc84
8/21/2020 5:27 pm
I noticed that as well with the tendency towards medium plays, I have adjusted that. I have been adjusting slider all season long to try and find the QB's happy place lol. This season is over so I'll keep messing with it, try and pick up some speed, work on play familiarity in the off season and hope to bring a competitive team to the field next season.

As far as overuse, I have 40 out of 40 plays on offense selected, and 27 out of 30 on defense. I have very few rules written, basically situational rules only. Rule writing escapes me and isn't a strong suit of mine. I write rules like I play Madden lol, what would I do on 3rd and short on which side of the field, and when would I go for it on fourth down etc.
Last edited at 8/21/2020 5:38 pm