The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Jacksonville Bulls and Portland Storm

By Pernbronze
2/21/2018 4:01 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
Yes but the way i see it is its a young stud lb for late 2nd pick and 2 years of a blocking te that lacks the most important thing in the game(speed).
It is not ligthly on one side imo and op trader is 1month old and this rrally looks like a beginner mistake.
I wish someone wouldve done that in my early mfn85 days . i dont remember who but someone took my 96rt for a lower one but better cap wise saying bonus contract was traded away too... Way to get people out of the game.

Speed really isn't that important, I've won almost 20 LCs many of them with WR's 50-80 speed. Its honestly the best kept secret in the game, speed really isn't that important for receivers if you know how to gameplan. Some offensive plays work only with slower receivers because it improves the timing on the routes. Anything more than 50 is enough speed. Not to mention a blocking TE really? Hes a possession receiver at worse. Hes nearly maxed in everything except speed, great route running and a ruthless mismatch after the catch. That TE is everything you want and need in a TE. Not to mention properly weighted TEs max out at 86 speed in the first place meaning hes not that slow for a TE. And he had an extra MLB and needed a TE, I had a TE that was slightly expendable and needed a MLB. This helped both teams greatly. Not to mention he made the offer and I accepted it straight off, no haggling or anything else. also its about 5 million in cap savings for him per season. I had the cap room to handle the hit. Hes a great MLB sure and reasonably young another 5-7 seasons. But he is receiving an elite key cog to his offense, that yes will probably only stay 2 season but he also has a second to replenish from even a late second can land a great player. The TE is the better player of the two but the age is a factor and the superior player (TE) and a 2nd offsets that. I'd seriously think someone would have caught on by now that I'm winning my championships by taking "slow" players no one wants. Speed really isn't that important if you gameplan accordingly.

By tribewriter
2/21/2018 5:59 am
Trade has been approved.

By tribewriter
2/21/2018 8:38 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
IMO each trade review request should include the reason(s) why you're asking. This one does, as do most of the reviews but not all.

It seems pretty much every trade has had a review and I'm not sure every single trade needs reviewing.

This makes sense to me. The trade review process was put in place to protect new coaches and prevent lopsided trades that would impact a franchise for years to come. I don't think "nuisance lawsuits" add to the value of this league. I will address this soon in a separate post.