The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Jacksonville Bulls and Portland Storm

By tribewriter
2/20/2018 1:52 pm
Jacksonville Bulls sends:
William Bennett (MLB)

Portland Storm sends:
James Walker (TE)
1980 Round 2 (Portland)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Jacksonville Bulls and Portland Storm

By AlexanDragon
2/20/2018 8:16 pm
Mmmmm. Im gonna use my first ever review request here.

By AlexanDragon
2/20/2018 8:22 pm
Explaining;
9th year 10% retiring slow Te who already lost 4points of rating this TC
25-32nd range second pick in 3 years
Vs
Young fast superstar Mlb
Last edited at 2/20/2018 8:25 pm

By tribewriter
2/20/2018 8:55 pm
Trade is being reviewed.

By Pernbronze
2/20/2018 9:23 pm
He saved a small fortune from the trade as well, and the linebacker is dropping a bit. But he sent the offer. It seemed fair to me I almost declined it at first due to the big cap hit I'd take and increase in salary and the importance of a TE is bigger than that of a MLB as TE is a huge boost in the pass and run game. But I badly needed a MLB and I think he knew it so I accepted happily enough, the trade helping both teams fill glaring holes. And he had 2 MLB in a 4-3 so he needed to shed one. All in all I figured it was perfectly balanced. We both plugged gaping holes and I think he took the smaller talent hit.
Last edited at 2/20/2018 9:33 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/20/2018 10:15 pm
IMO each trade review request should include the reason(s) why you're asking. This one does, as do most of the reviews but not all.

It seems pretty much every trade has had a review and I'm not sure every single trade needs reviewing.
Last edited at 2/20/2018 10:17 pm

By Pernbronze
2/20/2018 10:45 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
IMO each trade review request should include the reason(s) why you're asking. This one does, as do most of the reviews but not all.

It seems pretty much every trade has had a review and I'm not sure every single trade needs reviewing.

Agreed trade reviews should be for blatantly unfair trades, not trades that tilt a little one way or the other. Not every trade is going to be perfectly balanced according to various players especially with everything that goes into deciding to trade a player and for how much.

By AlexanDragon
2/20/2018 11:43 pm
Yes but the way i see it is its a young stud lb for late 2nd pick and 2 years of a blocking te that lacks the most important thing in the game(speed).
It is not ligthly on one side imo and op trader is 1month old and this rrally looks like a beginner mistake.
I wish someone wouldve done that in my early mfn85 days . i dont remember who but someone took my 96rt for a lower one but better cap wise saying bonus contract was traded away too... Way to get people out of the game.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/21/2018 12:25 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
Yes but the way i see it is its a young stud lb for late 2nd pick and 2 years of a blocking te that lacks the most important thing in the game(speed).
It is not ligthly on one side imo and op trader is 1month old and this rrally looks like a beginner mistake.
I wish someone wouldve done that in my early mfn85 days . i dont remember who but someone took my 96rt for a lower one but better cap wise saying bonus contract was traded away too... Way to get people out of the game.

I don't have a problem with this particular review, my problem is the simple "please review this trade". Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it just seems frivolous when someone doesn't state why they are asking.

I have asked for 1 trade review and like this trade, I stated my reason. Besides being polite, stating a reason gives the trade committee a starting point when they are looking at it.

By AlexanDragon
2/21/2018 12:29 am
Were on the same page. Everybody has things to do everyday. How come you ask for multiple peoples to lean in on a subject for several minutes if not hours and you on your side you only say " i want this to be reviewed but guess why cuz i wont say".
We could add this as mandatory when requesting a review