The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Input Requested: SIM Time/Preseason Games

By tribewriter
11/16/2017 3:35 pm
I am in another league that recently changed its sim time to approximately 7:30 p.m. ET to allow members to watch their games before going to bed. I thought it seemed like a good idea, so I wanted to get input from USFL/WFL owners on whether we should consider changing our sim time. We do have that option. Our sim currently runs at 12:49 a.m. ET.

The other matter I have been mulling is the number of preseason games. We can stick with four, but we can reduce it as well. Our owners last season voted to reduce five days early free agency to three to limit "down time."

I could put both matters to a vote if need be, but I thought I would allow for discussion first and see if there is a consensus out there.

Re: Input Requested: SIM Time/Preseason Games

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/16/2017 6:00 pm
I work nights and sleep during the day so I like the sim time now, but I can adjust to whenever. Concerning preseason, I just had my 1st experience in a league with only 2 preseason games and I don't like it. It doesn't seem like enough time to evaluate rookies/free agent signees while still getting your starters ready for the season.

I understand people hate the down time and I have had preseason injuries with several teams but I still prefer at least 3 preseason games.

By Otterpop
11/16/2017 7:21 pm
I prefer the time we have now. The early games for me (I have 2 or 3 of them now) I don't think I can properly game plan for.

I prefer the 4 games exhibition games, I could settle for 3 but 2 in option is too little, I just do not feel I was able to evaluate my players too well with two games I really thought I was missing something.

By Booger926
11/16/2017 7:56 pm
I current like the Sim game time as it is. I work days and look at the game score and box score before getting ready for work when I wake up at 3:30am CST (usually why I am one of the firsts to post a "Good game" thread) after work, I unwind after work by watching the game and posting/bitching in forums.
Not being too good at judging player talent, especially when I have to make cuts, I prefer to have 4 preseason games but can live with 3.
As for signing FA, I like only having 3 attempts. Can TOTALLY do without the 2nd FA signing period

By Mcarovil
11/16/2017 10:07 pm
I pretend to work during the day, but I'm fine with the SIM as is. If the majority wants to change, I don't care. Prefer 2 preseason games and 3 day FA and 1 late FA. If we could speed up draft times per pick, that would be nice too.

By Pernbronze
11/17/2017 12:37 am
I like the time where it is, and honestly would prefer a LONGER preseason. To me this isn't downtime, its learning time. I like 5 attempts at FA especially when coaches get fought over, I've bid every week in a regular league and still couldn't fill a vacancy by preseason week one. Late FA I like 3 but can live with 2. For me there is no off season.

By Loftusranger
11/17/2017 4:35 am
Either time is ok with me. The current time allows me to check before going to work and then have a more detailed review later on the in the day. The proposed time change I don't think would alter that.
I am not totally convinced on pre-season games as a lot of time it seems to be backups vs backups, or worries about injuries to starters so I would be happy with less games.
I like the number of free agency days that we currently have.

By Booger926
11/17/2017 4:43 am
Pernbronze wrote:
For me there is no off season.

That's because your in so many leagues

By ToroTex
11/17/2017 7:53 pm
I like things the way they are now...bc I'm a creature of habit.

"Retraining you would be a nightmare..." - Toro's ex-wife

By Booger926
11/17/2017 11:27 pm
ToroTex wrote:
I like things the way they are now...bc I'm a creature of habit.

"Retraining you would be a nightmare..." - Toro's ex-wife

Are you still leaving the toilet seat up? Nevermind, I see the EX