Congrats legend

Re: 2008 Good Game Thread

By Beercloud
1/27/2024 2:15 pm
Hail to the Champion.....Congrats legend

By Legendruthless
1/29/2024 5:40 pm
GG cjfred. Sorry for the delay, I have been sick for a week so I wasn't replying on here.

By Waitwut
1/30/2024 6:43 am
I’m usually not saying too much about FA, but I’m hardly finding a purpose and am starting to grow an annoyance with so many weeks of FA when the talent pool is nonexistent.

The draft is generally over by round three except for those finding them few gems after that point. FA is surely mostly complete following week 2, while still having the backend FA to tie up loose ends.

What’s the point of so many FA weeks if there is not the player pool to select from, and contract negotiations are just a joke? I guess I’ll take the 24 vacation. But honestly, by week three you’re only signing players nobody else wants at best - seems reasonable to just save that until the later FA window when at least then R’s can be signed and not just old or subpar players.

By Smirt211
1/30/2024 10:55 am
That's why I'm always hoping for GM openings at the end of a season and/or 3-5 laissez faire / absentee GMs.

This was the first off-season where I deemed there was no move and basically pumped out aggressive 1 year deals to retain and wait for a move next off-season.

It was boring as f*** to work on.

Makes me more pissed that my Montoya season got wasted last year with an injury.

Last edited at 1/30/2024 11:19 am

By Waitwut
1/30/2024 6:55 pm
I really just wish the pool was there, and contracts could be negotiated a little more in depth. Front or back loading contracts, maybe some player preferences as well (systems, locations). Also check on this infinite cap money - which is the most relatively normal piece if there was actually a worthy talent pool across the player generation.

I will try to refrain from complaining any foot the rest of January.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/31/2024 12:27 am
Waitwut wrote:
I’m usually not saying too much about FA, but I’m hardly finding a purpose and am starting to grow an annoyance with so many weeks of FA when the talent pool is nonexistent.

The draft is generally over by round three except for those finding them few gems after that point. FA is surely mostly complete following week 2, while still having the backend FA to tie up loose ends.

What’s the point of so many FA weeks if there is not the player pool to select from, and contract negotiations are just a joke? I guess I’ll take the 24 vacation. But honestly, by week three you’re only signing players nobody else wants at best - seems reasonable to just save that until the later FA window when at least then R’s can be signed and not just old or subpar players.

Two things...

#1...This should have been posted in the offseason thread. Not a big deal but we're on to 2009 now, might as well keep things tidy.

#2...Check out the poll https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/2972. There are only 2 options as I want to keep the games on the same day so we either gotta keep it the same or lose 2 sims.

I have no problem if we want to switch to 2/1 FA periods instead of the current 3/2. What say you and the rest of the league.