Re: 2008 Good Game Thread

By trslick
1/17/2024 3:43 pm
GG Sun

By Waitwut
1/19/2024 8:28 am
GG beercloud

I appreciate that you took that team and turned it around. NDN should be black listed with GDB.

By Warthog
1/19/2024 8:49 am
GG brxnivy. Shocked we pulled off the upset. Big swing there with the missed FG and long TD on the next play. Wow.

By brxnivy
1/19/2024 10:04 am
GG Warthog....tough finish to the game for my guys but it was the tight, low scoring game I expected and you made the big play when you needed it. Good luck in the next round!

By Beercloud
1/19/2024 12:30 pm
GG Waitwut

You guys got off to a fast start and kept us shut down. A recipe for a win. You guys kept Fryer locked down for the most.

nah NDN was just trying something is all. He wasnt purposely trying to destroy the team. It didnt work out but it did seem to show that sometimes too many high draft picks can put you in a financial bind. Especially when it comes time to resign them. Not to mention the draft busts. Oh those dirty lil draft busts.

Good luck on your playoff run.
If you go win the championship it might ease my pain of going one and done. Just sayin. :}

By ArmoredGiraffe
1/19/2024 1:46 pm
GG Crimsonwolf

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/19/2024 3:01 pm
GG Hammond, good luck defending your championship.

By Waitwut
1/19/2024 7:16 pm
Beercloud wrote:
GG Waitwut

You guys got off to a fast start and kept us shut down. A recipe for a win. You guys kept Fryer locked down for the most.

nah NDN was just trying something is all. He wasnt purposely trying to destroy the team. It didnt work out but it did seem to show that sometimes too many high draft picks can put you in a financial bind. Especially when it comes time to resign them. Not to mention the draft busts. Oh those dirty lil draft busts.

Good luck on your playoff run.
If you go win the championship it might ease my pain of going one and done. Just sayin. :}

This Bud’s for you

By Smirt211
1/20/2024 11:57 am
Kickoff touchdown at the beginning is always a bad indicator. I knew I was losing once I saw that.

I had Payton up the middle - elite and a slower, but highly rated DE on that kickoff. Should have tackled. I think my problem is that my 1-2-3 CB alignment had all 10 and 11 year vets and needed to have 1 elite non-aged out guy like STAGG used to be.

Kind of got knee capped at the beginning from making it a strat on strat war. Good game, CJ.

Hmm, I won't be 1 and done in the XFL after reading the recap....lol

....Yeah the team needed 1 more elite speed DB for me to throw in there. At least I'm spared game planning.

Last edited at 1/20/2024 11:58 am

By Smirt211
1/20/2024 12:03 pm
100 avoid fumble punt returner fumbling it away, too.

Think my lack of enough speed on D v. CJ's team having more....I think that factored.

More work to do over here moving forward.

Well, f***, that was 14 of the 22 points. ....

Kick Strength 100
Kick Accuracy 100 *grumbles, touchback*

Maybe I can't control everything. lol ah, well, on to next season.

Last edited at 1/20/2024 12:11 pm