The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Number of Plays Used

Should we require a minimum number of plays used?

No
Yes

Re: Number of Plays Used

By Cjfred68
8/28/2020 11:35 am
setherick wrote:
You are always at a DISADVANTAGE if you play some positions at weight.

This is absolutely true but should there be a line in the sand?

In my No Holds Barred league....my entire defense is CBs....EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON DEFENSE IS A CB. Thats the extreme example of how far you can take advantage of this sim.

Here's my team

https://no-holds-barred.myfootballnow.com/team/10

It took me a little while to lock down my defense but the last 5 games of the season I allowed a combined 3 points. The league was created as an experiment but everything I'm doing is legal within the framework of the simulation and its highly successful.

Is this what we all want? Take the flaws in the code and take full advantage of them?

Next season, I'm gonna experiment with an offensive line based on speed, acceleration and strength with 5 linemen around 200 pounds starting. If that proves successful then basically my team with have a QB, P, K plus 25 CBs and 25 WRs.

This isn't the type of football simulation I want to play but it is the inevitable conclusion to taking advantage of the biomechanical problems. Sure, its easy to justify using a 219 pound player at TE or justify using a 191 pound WR at RB or jusity a 237 LB starting at LDE but when you take it in the whole picture, its doesn't even resemble real football.

Playing an all CB defense doesn't make me a genius, its just me taking all the flaws in the game to the extreme to see if what I believed to be true....was true. Its me taking all the things I've observed Seth, Smirt, Infinity and 4343 have success with against me and turning it to 11.

Now my last question is since 191 pounders can play DT or DE without penalty then why not the offensive line.

In most leagues, there are no active league admins making rules so what I do in No Holds Barres can be used in most leagues. The advantage I had was I knew going into the allocation draft what I wanted to draft....speed and acceleration.

This game is far from perfect but should there be a line we dont cross or is my team in No Holds Barred acceptable in any league?
Last edited at 8/28/2020 11:36 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/28/2020 11:39 am
jayusmc84 wrote:
You know where you don't run into this problem? Roster-only, no rule writing, no game planning, only horrible AI coach play calling, and roster management. Occasionally, you run into out of position players but not as often as in these leagues. Games are closer, and its not the same people in the post season year after year. With that being said, I think my time in game planning has come to an end.

Game planning takes time to learn and we would have helped you out, like we did with your QB's INT problem had you stuck around. I guess all that's left to say is enjoy your roster only leagues.

By CrazyRazor
8/29/2020 12:23 am
The horse is dead, yet the beating continues. (Sigh)
Last edited at 8/29/2020 12:23 am

By Cjfred68
8/29/2020 1:40 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
The horse is dead, yet the beating continues. (Sigh)

You are right, I'm done...sorry

By TimReeseJr
8/29/2020 5:58 am
Seether you missed my point. All I was saying was those talented owners who can do those things, should really have a team in MFN-1 and bring the game flaws to light there, instead of using them in regular leagues. This game is dying, and it could use the help. So many people think it is so unfair that even some of the best leagues have vacancies now. It sucks feeling like the Cleveland Browns in every league. I just happen to enjoy the game enough to stick around. I have a lot of respect for all of you guys that can do that stuff, that I have no clue about.

Also, I don't assume you win because of this, in fact, I have said the opposite in that these owners are good enough to win without the exploits.

By CrazyRazor
8/29/2020 1:12 pm
TimReeseJr wrote:
Seether you missed my point. All I was saying was those talented owners who can do those things, should really have a team in MFN-1 and bring the game flaws to light there, instead of using them in regular leagues. This game is dying, and it could use the help. So many people think it is so unfair that even some of the best leagues have vacancies now. It sucks feeling like the Cleveland Browns in every league. I just happen to enjoy the game enough to stick around. I have a lot of respect for all of you guys that can do that stuff, that I have no clue about.

Also, I don't assume you win because of this, in fact, I have said the opposite in that these owners are good enough to win without the exploits.

setherick & Infinity on Trial were in MFN-1 for quite some time. I still think they communicate with JDB about their findings. They left MFN-1 because their work was counterproductive to some other GM's.

By setherick
8/29/2020 2:01 pm
Actually, I left MFN-1 because of Brexit. And I have no intention of testing anymore. I'm just here to play the game.

By CrazyRazor
8/29/2020 2:52 pm
setherick wrote:
Actually, I left MFN-1 because of Brexit. And I have no intention of testing anymore. I'm just here to play the game.

I'm not arguing. Call it Brexit. Call it Everyone giving you **** in MFN-1 for wanting things your way. Idc what you call it. Both are true. You still left & you're not testing.

By setherick
8/29/2020 3:19 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
setherick wrote:

I'm not arguing. Call it Brexit. Call it Everyone giving you **** in MFN-1 for wanting things your way. Idc what you call it. Both are true. You still left & you're not testing.

The reason I quit play for 8 months had everything to do with Brexit. For what it's worth, I identified all of the problems that people are complaining about now (still) when I was in MFN-1. So, yes, if I had gotten things the way I wanted, no one would be complaining now.

By CrazyRazor
8/29/2020 3:37 pm
setherick wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
setherick wrote:

The reason I quit play for 8 months had everything to do with Brexit. For what it's worth, I identified all of the problems that people are complaining about now (still) when I was in MFN-1. So, yes, if I had gotten things the way I wanted, no one would be complaining now.

That final statement is debatable.....