The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Now, how to fix the McKeon "exploit"

By hollyhh2000
7/02/2020 6:07 pm
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
There are no WRs currently threatening any seasonal records, let alone breaking them in less than half a season. It's apples to oranges.

This feels like a challenge. I don't have the WR to do this, but I'm sure I can come up with the game plan.

NFL Records for receiving yards in a season and Yards per Catck will probably be broken by this years stats in this league although not as bad as the sack record

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/02/2020 6:33 pm
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
There are no WRs currently threatening any seasonal records, let alone breaking them in less than half a season. It's apples to oranges.

This feels like a challenge. I don't have the WR to do this, but I'm sure I can come up with the game plan.

Can't just leave well enough alone, you have to try to create more drama next season.

By setherick
7/02/2020 7:57 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
* Some other solution I've either not read yet, or forgot about

If you're just talking about the 46 Heavy exploit, there are two simple solutions:

1) Ban the play. <- Thoroughly impossible.

2) Restrict DEs to 276# at a minimum the same way that punt blocks are now handled. <- No more injury DEs period.

If you're talking about making OL-DL play fair, there is only one simple solution:

1) All DL have to play at 280# minimum, which means that all DL have to be DTs. And converted DTs would have to start out at 230# players.

The reason this is the only "fair" way to fix this solution is because of how weight affects AC and SP. The average weight of DEs is 276#, and the average weight of C's (the lightest OL position) is 283#. This means that DEs at max 84/84 SP/AC can be 1 point of SP/AC faster than C's always since the SP-weight ratio is 1:~7#. And since most of the DL positions are 300#+, DEs can be up to 3 points SP/AC faster than the fastest OL.

Since DTs average weight is 300, the only way to equalize across the line is to play all the DL at DT.

This is also why the 255# rule in Champions is majorly flawed. An DE at 255# should be able to max at 87/87, which is still faster than most of the DBs in a league. The way you get a 255# DE is to draft a 205# DB and move them to DE. The average max gain/loss of weight is 50#, so by the end of the season, that player will be a 255# DE. Thus meeting the letter of the rule, and dominating just as much as McKeon here.
Last edited at 7/02/2020 7:59 pm

By Cjfred68
7/02/2020 8:29 pm
Great
......now we can move on finally

The 255# weight limit is flawed and Seth can dominate just like McKeon with it.

So whats to argue about?

I cant speak for this league but you have 2 choices in Champions....follow the rule or leave!

The rule is set and debating it will make no difference in the end

By setherick
7/02/2020 8:35 pm
I plan on using nothing but 276# DEs in both leagues. Which is why I drafted like 6 of them.

I'm just pointing out why, mathematically, the rule is flawed. And why, mathematically, the only "fair" solution is to force everyone to use 300# DTs.

The question is whether you want to punish the play or you want to make the game fair.

By Cjfred68
7/02/2020 8:44 pm
I'm trying to find a balance in a seriously flawed game. I dont want to make extreme rules so just like the punt block....its still possible but less likely.

My hope is the 46 heavy still gets sacks but in a lower range 20-25 over the course of a season versus 100

By Mcarovil
7/02/2020 9:45 pm
Some of us don’t drill down into the math and algorithms. Not why I play the game. Is that lazy? Is that right? I don’t know. To each their own.

There are a lot of owners who weren’t around with the 1-1-3 or the Single Back offenses forced rules on defenses. Are they lazy or just misses the flavor of the month.

Lazy is when someone finds a ‘successful” formation or play and circulates it around to their buddy and they enjoy the success until everyone catches on. End rant.

By setherick
7/02/2020 10:52 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Some of us don’t drill down into the math and algorithms. Not why I play the game. Is that lazy? Is that right? I don’t know. To each their own.

Yeah, I completely understand this. It's also why I share 95% of what I know about the game. (I want to keep some competitive edge for the leagues I care about. ;))

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/03/2020 12:38 pm
The McKeon Rule https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/1642?page=1#10123