League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By Booger926
8/10/2017 4:52 pm
After attempting to make the league something worthwhile while getting the short side of the stick, after being predetermined to lose by the AI, and getting no support from my league members, the Houston Gamblers have decided to run ONLY 1 play offensively and ONLY 1 defensive play

That play is out of the Weak I Normal and is HB Weak Inside
Defensively, the Gamblers also chose Goal Line #3 LB blitz 2+

Stop us if you can.

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By Hellbringer
8/10/2017 5:00 pm
I'm too new to understand the mechanics of the game....

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By raidergreg69
8/10/2017 6:56 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
I'm too new to understand the mechanics of the game....


Read the help section when you can, the old blog posts do an excellent job of helping new players. It's how I learned how to play, along with lots and lots of trial and error.

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By raidergreg69
8/10/2017 6:58 pm
Booger926 wrote:
After attempting to make the league something worthwhile while getting the short side of the stick, after being predetermined to lose by the AI, and getting no support from my league members, the Houston Gamblers have decided to run ONLY 1 play offensively and ONLY 1 defensive play

That play is out of the Weak I Normal and is HB Weak Inside
Defensively, the Gamblers also chose Goal Line #3 LB blitz 2+

Stop us if you can.


Is this Jerry Glanville? Did Elvis ever pick up those tickets?

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By Booger926
8/10/2017 9:42 pm
No Jerry Glanville and no Elvis
It's just that I spent the greater part of my day attempting to find out why I got screwed and how to avoid it from happening again
All I got was make rules
So rule 1 is Fuche it
Rule 2 is see rule 1

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By raidergreg69
8/10/2017 10:46 pm
Booger926 wrote:
No Jerry Glanville and no Elvis
It's just that I spent the greater part of my day attempting to find out why I got screwed and how to avoid it from happening again
All I got was make rules
So rule 1 is Fuche it
Rule 2 is see rule 1


Well two people gave you the same answer to your question, don't be mad at us because you don't like the answer.

Next time you have a question, guess what rule I will use? Your rule 1.

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By ToroTex
8/11/2017 12:03 am
Booger926 wrote:
After attempting to make the league something worthwhile while getting the short side of the stick, after being predetermined to lose by the AI, and getting no support from my league members, the Houston Gamblers have decided to run ONLY 1 play offensively and ONLY 1 defensive play

That play is out of the Weak I Normal and is HB Weak Inside
Defensively, the Gamblers also chose Goal Line #3 LB blitz 2+

Stop us if you can.


I would strongly suggest you reconsider this Booger.
Your frustration is understandable but please don't let a few games ruin your entire season.

Coincidentally, I just recently began experimenting with the Rules writing option. What seemed straight forward at first is anything but! On paper, I thought I was a genius. In reality, trying to predict the outcome of a game situation is puzzling and frustrating. I obviously need to continue to practice my game management skills. Also, my 8-10 rules are not going to be enough to alleviate the RNG play calling by the AI gods. This is what I know so far...
So, I am committed to more trial and error as well as my share of good/bad "luck".
I learn something new after every game...usually which plays just don't work with my talent (or lack thereof).

At the very least, let your coaching staff decide your (default) game plan for you. Executing two plays will not be fun for you or your opponents. Please reconsider for the good of your team and the entire league.

You are a talented, entertaining and creative owner (and my division rival). Don't change that.

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By big_guido1983
8/11/2017 1:59 am
This is absolutely the most childish way of going about this. I would urge you to reconsider or just quit the game.

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By Booger926
8/11/2017 4:08 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Booger926 wrote:
No Jerry Glanville and no Elvis
It's just that I spent the greater part of my day attempting to find out why I got screwed and how to avoid it from happening again
All I got was make rules
So rule 1 is Fuche it
Rule 2 is see rule 1


Well two people gave you the same answer to your question, don't be mad at us because you don't like the answer.

Next time you have a question, guess what rule I will use? Your rule 1.

Don't take it like that
I appreciate the help
My intentions were rule 1 fadgetaboutit. It happened and move on
Then rule 2

Re: ATTENTION LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

By Booger926
8/11/2017 4:10 am
ToroTex wrote:
Booger926 wrote:
After attempting to make the league something worthwhile while getting the short side of the stick, after being predetermined to lose by the AI, and getting no support from my league members, the Houston Gamblers have decided to run ONLY 1 play offensively and ONLY 1 defensive play

That play is out of the Weak I Normal and is HB Weak Inside
Defensively, the Gamblers also chose Goal Line #3 LB blitz 2+

Stop us if you can.


I would strongly suggest you reconsider this Booger.
Your frustration is understandable but please don't let a few games ruin your entire season.

Coincidentally, I just recently began experimenting with the Rules writing option. What seemed straight forward at first is anything but! On paper, I thought I was a genius. In reality, trying to predict the outcome of a game situation is puzzling and frustrating. I obviously need to continue to practice my game management skills. Also, my 8-10 rules are not going to be enough to alleviate the RNG play calling by the AI gods. This is what I know so far...
So, I am committed to more trial and error as well as my share of good/bad "luck".
I learn something new after every game...usually which plays just don't work with my talent (or lack thereof).

At the very least, let your coaching staff decide your (default) game plan for you. Executing two plays will not be fun for you or your opponents. Please reconsider for the good of your team and the entire league.

You are a talented, entertaining and creative owner (and my division rival). Don't change that.

Thnx I needed that