The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Baltimore Stars and Memphis Showboats

By Duval
6/13/2019 12:17 am
Kababmaster wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
Id also give a 6th round pick for him.
DUVAL HIT ME UPPPP

Ughh, stop making me feel guilty LOL....I did stew on it for an hour, and had similar offers for the OL'man (over priced). The dagger for me here was getting a much needed DT and a pick as a bonus.

Had that deal been put to me by a noob, I would 100% reply " are you sure you are okay with this?"...but Duval is no noob!

LOL, if you are referring to how imbalanced the trade points were, that was seriously the last thing I considered. I knew you had 3 DT's and 54 players signed at the time. Considering I thought the trade was fair, the only time i did consider the trade point difference was I hoped it would prompt you to take more time considering the trade, instead of instantly rejecting it as is 50-60% of the time. One thing I've noticed, at least in my dealings, is that owners are not really into "player for player" trading ( with pics obviously when needed ) for depth.
Last edited at 6/13/2019 12:22 am

By Duval
6/13/2019 12:21 am
Duval wrote:
Kababmaster wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:
Id also give a 6th round pick for him.
DUVAL HIT ME UPPPP

Ughh, stop making me feel guilty LOL....I did stew on it for an hour, and had similar offers for the OL'man (over priced). The dagger for me here was getting a much needed DT and a pick as a bonus.

Had that deal been put to me by a noob, I would 100% reply " are you sure you are okay with this?"...but Duval is no noob!

LOL, if you are referring to how imbalanced the trade points were, that was seriously the last thing I considered. I knew you had 3 DT's and 54 players signed at the time. Considering I thought the trade was fair, the only time i did consider the trade point difference was I hoped it would prompt you to take more time considering the trade, instead of an instantly rejecting it as is 50-60% of the time. One thing I've noticed, at least in my dealings, is that owners are not really into "player for player" trading ( with pics obviously when needed ) for depth.

OooooOoOOOoOOoo i see, AlexanDragon sent you an offer for the QB also. That sneaky SNEAKY man! MUhUHUhUhUhUh

EDIT: But he might bust anyways so FLIP IT !!!
Last edited at 6/13/2019 12:22 am

By Duval
6/13/2019 9:16 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think it was a horrible trade, but understand.

If Pass Rushing/Sacks were a bigger part of the game I would never trade away an elite DL. It's just how I roll lol

By Kababmaster
6/13/2019 10:35 am
Duval wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think it was a horrible trade, but understand.

If Pass Rushing/Sacks were a bigger part of the game I would never trade away an elite DL. It's just how I roll lol

Ya fecker...don't go dark on me now! LOL

At the end of the day, you proposed the deal....I was confused as to how the trade meter treated it as such. The QB was to be #2 on my roster as I no longer platoon QB's, hence my current QB#2 on the Trade Block.

You seen something you liked in the OL & QB.....and I had a need at a position that I was hunting for...thus gladly accepted.

If you want to reset the deal....I have ZERO problems in affording that...but I would worry about the cap issues...which, to be fair, is not THAT big.

Happy to reset the deal if you are my friend.

By Duval
6/13/2019 11:08 am
Kababmaster wrote:
Duval wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

Ya fecker...don't go dark on me now! LOL

At the end of the day, you proposed the deal....I was confused as to how the trade meter treated it as such. The QB was to be #2 on my roster as I no longer platoon QB's, hence my current QB#2 on the Trade Block.

You seen something you liked in the OL & QB.....and I had a need at a position that I was hunting for...thus gladly accepted.

If you want to reset the deal....I have ZERO problems in affording that...but I would worry about the cap issues...which, to be fair, is not THAT big.

Happy to reset the deal if you are my friend.

wait,..what?

I don't want to reset the deal, the front office is OVERJOYED that Felix found himself a new home. What I meant with that comment is that if pass rushing was more effective than it is right now, I would be valuing the DT higher than I do, and likely would never have even offered the trade. Like I said initially, I would have traded the Dt for the OL straight up with no second thought.

By Kababmaster
6/13/2019 12:00 pm
All good then...not sure how this thread got wings when both coaches were in agreement.

By greyghost1225
6/13/2019 3:45 pm
Kababmaster wrote:
All good then...not sure how this thread got wings when both coaches were in agreement.

Questioning a trade is a good quality of a any good league. I would rather be in a league where owners are willing to question trades.

By Duval
6/13/2019 5:01 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Kababmaster wrote:

Questioning a trade is a good quality of a any good league. I would rather be in a league where owners are willing to question trades.

I agree, if the trade seems in any way questionable or unbalanced, even if only on the surface, someone should say something and the owners in the trade should be able to speak on it. I would think.

By AlexanDragon
6/14/2019 4:26 pm
****! That is a bummer.. He boomed but the look off def capped out in the red. My rookie chris osgood did the same... So frustrating to have a player gains but the way the games goes the red can catch up to the blue and stop the future potential. Thats broken...

By Duval
6/14/2019 4:31 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
****! That is a bummer.. He boomed but the look off def capped out in the red. My rookie chris osgood did the same... So frustrating to have a player gains but the way the games goes the red can catch up to the blue and stop the future potential. Thats broken...

It'll be interesting to watch his preseason. He's gonna get a lot of snaps.