The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Baltimore Stars and Memphis Showboats

By tribewriter
6/12/2019 8:44 am
Baltimore Stars sends:
Felix Long (DT)
1985 Round 6

Memphis Showboats sends:
Joshua Minor (LT)
Joseph Jones (QB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Baltimore Stars and Memphis Showboats

By AlexanDragon
6/12/2019 9:21 am
Joseph jones did a eli manning?

I thoutgh about offeeing for him but thoutgh he would be locked in
Last edited at 6/12/2019 9:22 am

By Pernbronze
6/12/2019 10:31 am
Wow the stars gave up a ton for a mediocre player at best with that pass release.

By greyghost1225
6/12/2019 11:25 am
adding the draft pick was a little excessive.

By punisher
6/12/2019 11:32 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
adding the draft pick was a little excessive.

guessing they did that because they dont have the cap room for their draft picks.

By greyghost1225
6/12/2019 11:59 am
maybe, but that is a whole season away. I would rather draft someone and cut him before the pre season if he stinks then give a pick away.
Last edited at 6/12/2019 11:59 am

By Duval
6/12/2019 12:17 pm
Well to add context.

Based on the current game state, I'd swap Felix for the OL straight up at this point. The OL won't even start but with injuries as they are, I like depth. I'm still deep on the DL without Felix. I do have the cap space, I'm in no danger at all.. however at retirement age, it was better to trade him now and take the dead hit next season without a big commitment to draft picks.. I know I have enough guys signed and the capital and early picks to still improve the team.

QB Jones is just a lottery pick, I don't need him to start. He spent a 7th, the way I see it is I'm giving him a 6th. I was seriously considering taking him in the 6th round myself.

The 6th round pick is debatable but I'd offer a gentlemen's bet Memphis would not have accepted the trade without it. The beauty of this league is the no trade point system. I like to evaluate trades like "how does it help me now and next season".

edit: Also, I will have 5 players leaving next season with almost zero retirement possibilities, with 3 draft picks, a 1st and two 2nds. Most likely will have 5 guys on their final year I'll look to resign. I'm assured now Ill have plenty of space for that as well as a guy or two from FA.
Last edited at 6/12/2019 12:23 pm

By greyghost1225
6/12/2019 1:56 pm
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think it was a horrible trade, but understand.

By AlexanDragon
6/12/2019 2:00 pm
Id also give a 6th round pick for him.
DUVAL HIT ME UPPPP

By Kababmaster
6/12/2019 10:13 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
Id also give a 6th round pick for him.
DUVAL HIT ME UPPPP

Ughh, stop making me feel guilty LOL....I did stew on it for an hour, and had similar offers for the OL'man (over priced). The dagger for me here was getting a much needed DT and a pick as a bonus.

Had that deal been put to me by a noob, I would 100% reply " are you sure you are okay with this?"...but Duval is no noob!