The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: QB Experiment

By setherick
12/02/2018 11:56 am
My 0.4.3 offense is going to look nothing like my 0.4.2 offense. After doing extensive film review yesterday, there are a lot of plays that work now that never worked in the past.

By greyghost1225
12/02/2018 12:35 pm
I will say this here as I have said in another league. I have an issue with mediocre to bad defenses getting as many sacks as good to stellar defenses. This does not happen in any football universe, 10-20 per team is way too many. I can understand that may happen in a roster only league, but not when I have better defenses in some of my leagues, even with the passing issues in 0.4.3. There is no legitimate reason worse defenses should be getting as many sacks as my teams with good defenses.

By setherick
12/02/2018 12:38 pm
I agree. Better back end coverage exposed how overpowered DEs actually are.

Part of it is play calling though. Most of the high sack games came against offenses that ran a lot of long passes with no outlet passes.

But the biggest problem is with OTs right now not blocking correctly on every play. The trade off for that is no more 1000+ passing games coverage is broken. I think it'll be fairly easy to fix any blocking issues.
Last edited at 12/02/2018 12:39 pm

By greyghost1225
12/02/2018 12:49 pm
setherick wrote:
I agree. Better back end coverage exposed how overpowered DEs actually are.

Part of it is play calling though. Most of the high sack games came against offenses that ran a lot of long passes with no outlet passes.

But the biggest problem is with OTs right now not blocking correctly on every play. The trade off for that is no more 1000+ passing games coverage is broken. I think it'll be fairly easy to fix any blocking issues.

I understand there is going to be a play calling adjustment and their are coding issues, but I am amazed this was not seen before its release. The NFL Raiders have what? a total of 12 sacks all season and they are arguably the worst sack team in the league. The worst sack team in a MFN league is going to end up with 80-120 sacks. I think 0.4.4 was released prematurely.
Last edited at 12/02/2018 12:49 pm

By setherick
12/02/2018 12:51 pm
It was seen. But there are a lot of variables in what is causing the sack increase. The OT issue is just one.

Also, it's hard to see problems in beta because of how players are generated. Beta is an established league with a lot of Elite players from before the drafts were recalibrated. What works or doesn't work in Beta may or may not work in Standard.

Problems really become apparent when the code is released to standard.
Last edited at 12/02/2018 12:52 pm

By greyghost1225
12/02/2018 12:57 pm
setherick wrote:
It was seen. But there are a lot of variables in what is causing the sack increase. The OT issue is just one.

Also, it's hard to see problems in beta because of how players are generated. Beta is an established league with a lot of Elite players from before the drafts were recalibrated. What works or doesn't work in Beta may or may not work in Standard.

I get it and I appreciate this game, but there still should be a different release procedure. I woke up this morning and was notified by a couple in the middle of seasons that the leagues had already switched over.

If there is an issue with testing players with the established beta, start a new beta. Once again I appreciate this game and the time people put in and have the utmost respect. This has been a fun game for the 2 years I have been here and hope to be here longer.

By CrazyRazor
12/02/2018 5:49 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
setherick wrote:

I get it and I appreciate this game, but there still should be a different release procedure. I woke up this morning and was notified by a couple in the middle of seasons that the leagues had already switched over.

If there is an issue with testing players with the established beta, start a new beta. Once again I appreciate this game and the time people put in and have the utmost respect. This has been a fun game for the 2 years I have been here and hope to be here longer.

Beta 87 was released and it folded because of lack of interest. It may not be pleasant, but we all have to endure it. I'm just as upset about the dumpoffs as you are about sacks and I AM part of beta.
I missed it because I didn't make the playoffs and I wasn't interested in watching other teams' games.

By setherick
12/02/2018 5:54 pm
The dump offs can be game planned around, and the problem there isn't with the dump offs core logic. The bigger problem is that RBs don't look to block first on a play and complete their short routes before other routes are completed. I've already reached out to JDB about it because it took me watching about 100 or so plays to figure out what had happened.

By setherick
12/08/2018 8:42 pm
This experiment is over. The reasons why are being discussed here in regard to a different QB: https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/3/2443?page=9#31187

By Hellbringer
12/08/2018 10:30 pm
That just put my 82 qb down to a 73