League Forums

Main - Team News

You're Fired

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/11/2017 2:56 pm

It was awkward at the Generals HQ today as we had to relieve our team owner of his roster spot so he can concentrate on running our country. Clearly his POTUS duties interfered with his football preparation and his tweeting so something had to give. I was just tired of seeing him kick the ball in the end zone with no sign of getting better at pinning teams deep.

I was going to draft a punter, but didn't get the 1 I liked and signed Wesley Bradley in late free agency for a punting competition. Once we claimed Maurice Lester, Trump's fate was sealed.

If Trump signs with another team, he will be required to sell his stake in the Generals, as that would be a conflict of interest.

Re: You're Fired

By Booger926
12/11/2017 6:43 pm
You do know that I do have Punter Bruce Kester available. Kester, who has a default rating of 83/88, finished in the top ten of the league in average, net average, and punts inside the 20. He also is in his 3rd season, so he will continue to be around for awhile. His overall progress from start is +10 and he is +3 this season. His trade value is 54, so would be looking for equivalent player or pick. Also, his base salary for the next 5 seasons is dirt cheap, with me eating the bonus money I signed for his talents.
I would like to trade one of my better positional players instead of cutting him.
Last edited at 12/11/2017 6:44 pm

12/12/2017 4:37 am
Booger926 wrote:
You do know that I do have Punter Bruce Kester available. Kester, who has a default rating of 83/88, finished in the top ten of the league in average, net average, and punts inside the 20. He also is in his 3rd season, so he will continue to be around for awhile. His overall progress from start is +10 and he is +3 this season. His trade value is 54, so would be looking for equivalent player or pick. Also, his base salary for the next 5 seasons is dirt cheap, with me eating the bonus money I signed for his talents.
I would like to trade one of my better positional players instead of cutting him.

I know now lol. Trading for a punter isn't something that entered my mind but wish I had known before the draft, apologies if he was on the trading block. I'll look into this tomorrow (later today to you, i work nights so it's still Monday to me). I have 2 more games to watch and 2 drafts to prep for, one being an allocation (day 2).

Cutting Trump cost me over $1.1 mil in dead cap, so I need to look at my financial reports before I decide as I will have 2 more punters to cut if I accept.

By Booger926
12/12/2017 6:33 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cutting Trump cost me over $1.1 mil in dead cap, so I need to look at my financial reports before I decide as I will have 2 more punters to cut if I accept.
I've have withdrawn the offer because I do not want you to have to make a crucial decision

12/12/2017 10:25 pm
Booger926 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
I've have withdrawn the offer because I do not want you to have to make a crucial decision

LOL not exactly a crucial decision but unlike Trump the businessman I don't like throwing money away. I do like Kester but I would have rejected it anyway.

12/21/2017 2:49 pm
Trump Curse?

Trump was fired/cut right before preseason game #2, which the Generals won. Since then, New Jersey is winless, losing the last 2 exhibitions and the first 2 regular season games. With the next 3 opponents being Chicago, Georgia and Pittsburgh, the Generals might be looking at 0-5 if things don't turn around.

By Pernbronze
12/21/2017 5:37 pm
Trumps failure with the USFL repeat themselves.

By AlexanDragon
12/21/2017 5:55 pm
Im trying not to bring up politic here.... But i must say it is funny :)

12/21/2017 8:10 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
Im trying not to bring up politic here.... But i must say it is funny :)

Politics has nothing to do with it, I couldn't bring myself to vote for him or her. I only gave him this name because he owned the real life New Jersey Generals.

By AlexanDragon
12/21/2017 8:54 pm
I know i know. Was he the owner of the team who signed doug flutie if my memory is correct?