The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Shreveport eliminated??? Not so sure

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/25/2018 12:58 pm
Looks like our standings glitch still lives as Shreveport has an erroneous "e" next to their name. There is a reason New Orleans has yet to be given an "x" by their name, because they aren't the #6 seed unless they win.

According to NFL tiebreaker rules, we use the division tiebreaker for Shreveport/New Orleans since they are in the same division. Having split their 2 games, we go to tiebreaker #2, which is division record. If they end up tied at 10-6 it's because NO lost to Georgia Week 16, which would give Shreveport the wildcard with a 4-3 division record vs Voodoo's 3-3.

Good luck to both.

Re: Shreveport eliminated??? Not so sure

By tribewriter
10/25/2018 1:27 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Looks like our standings glitch still lives as Shreveport has an erroneous "e" next to their name. There is a reason New Orleans has yet to be given an "x" by their name, because they aren't the #6 seed unless they win.

According to NFL tiebreaker rules, we use the division tiebreaker for Shreveport/New Orleans since they are in the same division. Having split their 2 games, we go to tiebreaker #2, which is division record. If they end up tied at 10-6 it's because NO lost to Georgia Week 16, which would give Shreveport the wildcard with a 4-3 division record vs Voodoo's 3-3.

Good luck to both.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
You are right that Shreveport finished 4-2 in the division and New Orleans would be 3-3 if they lose to Georgia to force a second-place tie with Shreveport at 10-6 overall.

This clinching/elimination/tiebreaker thing has been askew in MFN for a long time now, and I am surprised it is not yet fixed.

10/25/2018 1:35 pm
Wish it would get fixed, I'm curious how many teams across MFN leagues have been in Shreveport's shoes and not gave full effort in game planning due to being falsely "eliminated".

By greyghost1225
10/25/2018 2:40 pm
Well, Shreveport could just lose and it would all be settled, lol

By greyghost1225
10/25/2018 2:44 pm
tribewriter wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

Good luck to both.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
You are right that Shreveport finished 4-2 in the division and New Orleans would be 3-3 if they lose to Georgia to force a second-place tie with Shreveport at 10-6 overall.

This clinching/elimination/tiebreaker thing has been askew in MFN for a long time now, and I am surprised it is not yet fixed.

I am more interested in if I beat Georgia, then we both end up 11-5, split head to head, both are 4-2 in the division, so how did the Force already clinch?

10/25/2018 2:50 pm
Third tiebreaker is common games

10/25/2018 2:59 pm
If I'm doing this right, Georgia hasn't clinched.

If Voodoo win, Georgia and New Orleans will both be 11-5, split head to head, have 4-2 division marks and have the same record vs common opponents.

The 4th tiebreaker is conference record, which would go to New Orleans if they win.

By Loftusranger
10/26/2018 1:38 am
Thanks all for working through all of that. Noticed the lack of the 'x' so was planning to go for win in week 16. Looking to the Force to bounce back especially if top spot is at stake. Go Georgia!
Hopefully I can then get the better of the Blazers. Good luck all.

By Loftusranger
10/27/2018 4:23 am
Well, I didn't see that happening.

10/27/2018 5:12 am
Wow, I didn't even look at Philadelphia, I sort of assumed they were in. I feel bad for Jaybo, best season in franchise history, leading our division pretty much all season and now he doesn't even get to experience the post season.