The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Delayed Sim

By tribewriter
9/28/2018 6:09 pm
I have not heard back from JDB, so I am delaying the next sim until Monday morning. That will give me time to try to figure out some way to deal with this issue.

Re: Delayed Sim

By Hellbringer
9/28/2018 7:16 pm
Thanks for your effort Commish

By tribewriter
9/29/2018 10:34 am
I heard back from JDB. I am going to take over the Houston franchise with an alternate ID, put in waiver claims for the 49 players he cut, then release the 49 free agents he signed.

DO NOT put in a waiver claim on any of these Houston players.

By Hellbringer
9/29/2018 10:37 am
What is that going to do to the cap?

By tribewriter
9/29/2018 2:47 pm
Lots of dead cap from paying off the bonuses. But that is money that would have been paid out as part of the players' salaries anyway. What I don't know yet is how much he spent on bonuses for replacement players. I just haven't had time to examine all these issues yet.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/29/2018 3:55 pm
Do you have a plan in case someone else makes a claim? Similar issues have occurred in 2 other leagues and both times about 5 people made claims anyway.

By CrazyRazor
9/29/2018 4:11 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Lots of dead cap from paying off the bonuses. But that is money that would have been paid out as part of the players' salaries anyway. What I don't know yet is how much he spent on bonuses for replacement players. I just haven't had time to examine all these issues yet.

Unfortunately, this team is probably screwed for the next few seasons. I just hope most of his players can be salvaged. There will be a number of them that will probably have to be let go due to the contracts being paid ahead of schedule. We can hope it's not as serious as it appears to be.

By tribewriter
9/29/2018 5:11 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Do you have a plan in case someone else makes a claim? Similar issues have occurred in 2 other leagues and both times about 5 people made claims anyway.

I sent everyone in the league a PM asking them not to. I posted on the forum asking them not to. It should not come down to me having to take punitive action.

By trslick
9/29/2018 6:27 pm
If it would help to swap a player or two with us, please hit me up if you see something that would
help!

By tribewriter
9/29/2018 6:36 pm
trslick wrote:
If it would help to swap a player or two with us, please hit me up if you see something that would
help!

Thanks. I am hoping to reclaim enough players to field a competitive team.