The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Good game Thread

By Pernbronze
3/27/2018 3:55 pm
GG wranglers that may well have bumped me from the playoffs.

By eyeballll
3/28/2018 9:18 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
GG Wheels, I'm cheering you on for a perfect season!
Thanks! Wait a minute, did you let me win? I'm okay with it...

By Booger926
3/29/2018 4:53 am
Good game Memphis

By Smirt211
3/29/2018 6:07 am
Pernbronze wrote:
GG wranglers that may well have bumped me from the playoffs.

Good game, Pernbronze. Our division is ridiculous; all the GMs are perennial playoff contenders! I thought our team was going to slip out of the playoffs a few sim weeks ago.

By PrivateSnowflake
3/29/2018 7:02 am
Booger926 wrote:
Good game Memphis

Thanks, Booger. Without a doubt, absolutely stole that game from you. Fyi, that's Shea's 6th kickoff return TD this season.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/29/2018 8:06 am
GG trslick, quite the defensive struggle we had. 23 combined punts vs 20 combined first downs with just 429 combined yards. Oh yeah, 16 combined sacks thanks to Steve Niehaus doing his best Dave Lapham imitation. Niehaus even plays RG like Lapham.

I have to call out my coaching staff for a lot of those sacks as Niehaus should have been in the locker room getting treatment on his arm, which currently has a 15 health rating along with a nicked up ankle and leg. He originally got hurt on this 1st quarter play https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/watch/1278#233108 yet the coaches kept running him out there to give up sacks. I had plenty of active, bench OL on the depth chart behind him so there is no excuse for him to be out there trying to block with 1 arm.

Generals have an early playoff game next vs Baltimore as we are 2 of 4 teams fighting for the wildcard spots. If the Generals and Stallions both win, the National Conference will have the playoff teams set even though 1 or 2 divisions will be undecided still.

By Mcarovil
3/29/2018 8:33 am
**** NY. You guys owned us. We couldn’t stop you at all. We seem to have acquired a team persona of starting off slow and getting lucky late. That’s not gonna cut it.

By trslick
3/29/2018 9:01 am
GG Generals

By tribewriter
3/29/2018 1:00 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
**** NY. You guys owned us. We couldn’t stop you at all. We seem to have acquired a team persona of starting off slow and getting lucky late. That’s not gonna cut it.

Yes, this one boggles the mind. It is not like we can go in there at halftime and make adjustments. I don't know how two halves with identical game plans can produce such dramatically different results. I guess I should just be happy it wasn't a 46-3 beatdown like in last season's playoffs.

By Mcarovil
3/29/2018 2:04 pm
It was quite amazing to be honest. I stopped watching at 34-6 figuring there would be no way to stop your offense. To hold you to 3 points in the 2nd is a joke. Crazy SIM. Seeing a lot of sideline runs/face mask/ multiple TOs in a row over the past weeks.
tribewriter wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Yes, this one boggles the mind. It is not like we can go in there at halftime and make adjustments. I don't know how two halves with identical game plans can produce such dramatically different results. I guess I should just be happy it wasn't a 46-3 beatdown like in last season's playoffs.