The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Good Game Thread

By pdoug20
1/20/2018 12:45 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Good 2nd half Boston. Idk what your defense was doing in the first half, I had receivers running free all over the place. Second half not so much.

1st Half Generals 40 Breakers 6
2nd Half Breakers 23 Generals 0

Strange game to watch, after the 1st half domination I certainly wasn't expecting to sweat in the 4th qtr.

I didn't even bother watching the 2nd half after you exploded out of the gates. Definitely a bit of a surprise to see the final margin smaller than I anticipated.

By pdoug20
1/20/2018 12:51 pm
Commish, that was one FANTASTIC game today, all the way to the finish!! I thought it was headed for overtime, but then two consecutive plays sealed it for you. First, my punt returner decided to not take the punt and let it be downed inside the 5. Then, your D crashed through my O-line to get to my QB for the game-winning safety. I'll say this much- if we're gonna be knocked out of the playoff picture, I'd much rather it be in an exciting finish than a blowout. Kudos to you and the Stars!!

By tribewriter
1/20/2018 5:09 pm
pdoug20 wrote:
Commish, that was one FANTASTIC game today, all the way to the finish!! I thought it was headed for overtime, but then two consecutive plays sealed it for you. First, my punt returner decided to not take the punt and let it be downed inside the 5. Then, your D crashed through my O-line to get to my QB for the game-winning safety. I'll say this much- if we're gonna be knocked out of the playoff picture, I'd much rather it be in an exciting finish than a blowout. Kudos to you and the Stars!!

Thanks, pdoug. I feel a little sheepish accepting a win on a last-minute safety. Still, to go from 1-15 to a division championship makes the longsuffering NY Stars fans pretty happy.

By Pernbronze
1/21/2018 1:05 am
Great game Wranglers.

By Mcarovil
1/22/2018 9:15 pm
GG everyone!

By Pernbronze
1/23/2018 3:27 am
Great game Oakland!!! Thats possibly the most bizarre ending to a regular season I've ever seen.

By Booger926
1/23/2018 3:32 am
Good game Oklahoma

By jabillups85
1/23/2018 9:11 am
GG Detroit! That was a battle. I already got rid of my play that gave up 3 TDs.

By Wolveraider
1/23/2018 10:26 am
Pernbronze wrote:
Great game Oakland!!! Thats possibly the most bizarre ending to a regular season I've ever seen.

Wow! Great game Storm....I was thinking the same thing....there were more highs and lows for both teams in the last five minutes of regulation then you normally see in an entire game!

Gratz on the division title!

Then I look at the playoff schedule....I don't know if I have the constitution to do it all over again so soon.
Last edited at 1/23/2018 10:27 am

By trslick
1/23/2018 11:20 am
GG Blazers