League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: All Pro Ballot Link

By TexansFan
4/11/2021 10:39 am
And if you look at Hsu's stats, he has put up 1500+ yards and 12+ TD's in all 4 years he has been in the league.

By setherick
4/11/2021 10:55 am
TexansFan wrote:
And if you look at Hsu's stats, he has put up 1500+ yards and 12+ TD's in all 4 years he has been in the league.

I think Hsu should have been consensus, and I definitely voted for him, but I can understand someone voting their own guy in if that's what happened.

Also, I could see the argument being made that Hsu shouldn't have been consensus if the offense is simplified around him, but I haven't looked into it.

By TexansFan
4/11/2021 11:38 am
I don't know about anything about things being built around Hsu. I just took over the team.

By Cjfred68
4/11/2021 11:39 am
setherick wrote:
TexansFan wrote:

I think Hsu should have been consensus, and I definitely voted for him, but I can understand someone voting their own guy in if that's what happened.

Also, I could see the argument being made that Hsu shouldn't have been consensus if the offense is simplified around him, but I haven't looked into it.

I would agree with you about "voting their own guy" if you can only select 1 WR but everyone selected 2.

Regardless of how the stats were achieved...the fact remains he set single season records in yards, TD receptions and average yards per catch.

We are voting for the best player based on stats right?

I hated McKeon and how much he dominated the league but I still had to vote for him as defensive MVP based on results.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/11/2021 1:09 pm
I am only mildly surprised he's not unanimous, although I personally feel he should have been. I am shocked that only 17/20 have voted for him, but that goes with the territory. This is a democratic process, people are free to vote for whomever they choose, even if most would disagree with their choice.

NFL HOF vote tallies are not made public but MLB votes are, and they have never had a unanimous selection, not Babe Ruth, not Hank Aaron, and not even Ken Griffey Jr, although he came the closest.

The fact of the matter is there is no special distinction for being a unanimous selection, and once the All Pro Team is etched in stone at the blog, all it will say is Mark Hsu was an All Pro WR in 1993. He's gonna make it for sure, he's 6 votes ahead of #2 Mark Glenn.

There could be several reasons to not vote for Hsu, despite such a historic season.

- The players are listed randomly, which could lead to someone accidentally skipping over him

- Voting for their own player (totally acceptable BTW), leaving just 1 spot

- Division Rivalry/Bias against San Jose...perhaps a division foe is sick of Hsu burning him all the time, so to heck with voting for him. Perhaps voters are punishing Hsu for Holly leaving?

- Drunk/distracted voting...Maybe someone was watching a movie or a sporting event on TV while they were voting or perhaps they were having a few drinks and started mashing buttons, it happens.

4/11/2021 1:13 pm
I want to add I am not upset at all about this. Shocked yes, upset, no. I'm actually quite pleased getting 20 votes already despite only 2 teams still playing.

By dyluckyguess
4/11/2021 1:27 pm
Voted

By Cjfred68
4/11/2021 1:36 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
I am only mildly surprised he's not unanimous, although I personally feel he should have been. I am shocked that only 17/20 have voted for him, but that goes with the territory. This is a democratic process, people are free to vote for whomever they choose, even if most would disagree with their choice.

NFL HOF vote tallies are not made public but MLB votes are, and they have never had a unanimous selection, not Babe Ruth, not Hank Aaron, and not even Ken Griffey Jr, although he came the closest.

The fact of the matter is there is no special distinction for being a unanimous selection, and once the All Pro Team is etched in stone at the blog, all it will say is Mark Hsu was an All Pro WR in 1993. He's gonna make it for sure, he's 6 votes ahead of #2 Mark Glenn.

There could be several reasons to not vote for Hsu, despite such a historic season.

- The players are listed randomly, which could lead to someone accidentally skipping over him

- Voting for their own player (totally acceptable BTW), leaving just 1 spot

- Division Rivalry/Bias against San Jose...perhaps a division foe is sick of Hsu burning him all the time, so to heck with voting for him. Perhaps voters are punishing Hsu for Holly leaving?

- Drunk/distracted voting...Maybe someone was watching a movie or a sporting event on TV while they were voting or perhaps they were having a few drinks and started mashing buttons, it happens.

Not to be that guy Greg but...

Mariano Rivera became the 1st ever unanimous selection to the Hall of Fame...link below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/highest-vote-total-percentages-for-baseball-hall-of-fame.html

But your point is sound....Ruth and Gehrig didn't get 100% of the vote because some writers were upset they were snubbed for a interview or some such nonsense
Last edited at 4/11/2021 1:36 pm

4/11/2021 1:38 pm
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Yankees **** anyway, Go Reds!

By setherick
4/11/2021 2:22 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Yankees **** anyway, Go Reds!

That Junior didn't get a unanimous vote though is a crime.