League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Hall of Fame Ballot is Ready

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/18/2020 6:23 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
blah blah blah blah

Richardson? That was the #1 player...QB, right? I voted for him. Man, people ready to touch off on me.

I voted for him and Nichols and a lot of players in total.

I said you voted for him

10/18/2020 6:26 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Smirt211 wrote:
blah blah blah blah

Richardson? That was the #1 player...QB, right? I voted for him. Man, people ready to touch off on me.

I voted for him and Nichols and a lot of players in total.

I said you voted for him

More accurately, I said it's not your fault, geez man.

By Smirt211
10/18/2020 6:34 pm
We're good. Saw my name and thought it was a rant on me; a bias not selecting that player or something. Went back and re-read.

10/18/2020 6:38 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
We're good. Saw my name and thought it was a rant on me; a bias not selecting that player or something. Went back and re-read.

I only mentioned you because I figured the timing of my post would make you think I was referring to you, and I wanted you to know I was not referring to you so we could avoid what just happened.

By Cjfred68
10/18/2020 7:19 pm
I'm happy plenty of owners have voted.....I gave up on the league wide vote in my leagues.

Even sending multiple PMs to everybody has failed to result in getting 100% participation.

I kinda understand that some owners have minimal involvement....rarely do league chat or even like something in the threads or even read the league threads.....

......but getting a PM is hard to miss since it pops up when you log in......

So owners have to read it or the message doesn't go away so do owners simply never read it......I doubt it.

It has dawned on me that this game is played worldwide so maybe language is an issue. Some owners that are active and post appear to use English as a 2nd language....at least it seems that way to me.

I do applaud the owners in this league for staying active. Greg is a great league admin and he even has support from the OG admin and everyone voting is a simple way to say.....

"Hey thanks man for all the time and effort, I really appreciate the work you put in!"

By pdoug20
10/18/2020 7:22 pm
Voted... I second what cjfred said- definitely appreciate the time and effort put in to making this HOF ballot happen, Commish!!

10/18/2020 7:36 pm
Thanks guys, but I owe a large part of that thanks to tribewriter. He is the one who came up with the majority of the players on this ballot. All I did was create it and PM everyone.

Also, I apologize for ranting about whomever did not vote for Richardson. Voting is a personal choice and maybe that person has a legitimate reason to omit him. I can't wrap my head around what that reason could possibly be, maybe it was someone who was so sick of losing to him when he played that hate crept in? Babe Ruth wasn't even unanimous.

Keep the votes coming, I'll probably leave the ballot open until Saturday, that gives everyone a week. I may close it earlier if we have a couple straight days without additional votes.

By Cjfred68
10/18/2020 8:01 pm
Mariano Rivera

New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera became the first player unanimously elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. All 425 voters included Rivera on their Hall of Fame ballots.

So the likes of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle and more modern players like Cal Ripken and Ken Griffey Jr didn't get all the votes.

Of course that's because writers vote for the baseball hall of fame and they had personal grudges against players because they refused some interview or didn't kiss their *** enough.

10/18/2020 9:04 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Mariano Rivera

New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera became the first player unanimously elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. All 425 voters included Rivera on their Hall of Fame ballots.

So the likes of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle and more modern players like Cal Ripken and Ken Griffey Jr didn't get all the votes.

Of course that's because writers vote for the baseball hall of fame and they had personal grudges against players because they refused some interview or didn't kiss their *** enough.

All I heard was Yankees ****. Actually forgot Rivera was unanimous, good for him.

By Cjfred68
10/18/2020 9:12 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
Mariano Rivera

All I heard was Yankees ****. Actually forgot Rivera was unanimous, good for him.

Yankees **** goes without saying !!!