League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Just my opinion

By Hellbringer
8/30/2017 4:32 am
I earned that big "e", yet I'm not giving up. There is still valuable learning to do with game planning.

I'm not sure how to make everybody stay active and try. I wonder if it's even possible.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/30/2017 5:33 am
It's fantasy season, maybe some think this is as easy as just setting 1 weekly lineup and when they find out different, they bail.

As far as blowouts, it's not fun being on the receiving end like I routinely was when I first started MFN. That's turning point time. One can tuck tail and run away or one can accept the fact they need to improve their team, and set about doing just that. Nobody should expect a strong team to alter their game plan just to give an underperforming team a chance to win. Can't **** off Herm Edwards.

I will give advice and help those who ask, sometimes without even being asked but that's as far as I'm willing to go. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

By Loftusranger
8/30/2017 2:57 pm
A few thoughts.
The allocation draft was a (fun) marathon but it lead to squads that are very different and all sides have weak areas which the coaches may not have seen before with experienced squads in other leagues. Good coaches will pick on other teams weak areas. Coaches may be using favoured plays or tactics from other teams which don't work with this squad. I think the gameplanning is different in season 1.

That may change next season with another draft behind us. Coaches can plug gaps and once squads lose their weak spots then I think blowouts will be a lot harder.
There are currently a lot of young players starting against veterans which creates mismatches but as the kids reach their potential in seasons 2 and 3 they will then be able to go up against those veterans as equals.

I think season 1 gameplanning does need a lot of time which not everyone has, so problems can be maximised. Hopefully things will settle down. There are still a lot of close games and there are a lot of similar ability sides and it is competitive, albeit It may not be the best quality sometimes.

I am having a fairly average season but I am enjoying it.
Last edited at 8/31/2017 12:21 am

By Dash
8/31/2017 9:30 am
ToroTex wrote:

Also, once a team "earns" that little e in front of their names in the standings do they just give up the season all together, then just sit and wait for "next year?"

That is a yes..if a team is eliminated their goal now changes to get the best draft pick they can.

By ToroTex
8/31/2017 3:02 pm
Dash wrote:
ToroTex wrote:

Also, once a team "earns" that little e in front of their names in the standings do they just give up the season all together, then just sit and wait for "next year?"

That is a yes..if a team is eliminated their goal now changes to get the best draft pick they can.

I agree that this is probably the case.
It's unfortunate that some of these teams may not realize what an important impact they have of Playoff seeding.

By Dash
9/01/2017 12:28 pm
It even goes the other way when some teams get the YZX they Kinda just coast into the playoffs..not worrying about seeding just grateful that they are there.