The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Teams that need to fix ST Rushers

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/13/2020 6:03 am
I decided to check and see if anyone else has any DBs listed as ST Rushers (They should NOT be listed there anywhere to comply with the rule)

I'm only two teams in and I see the LA Express has one. I'll update this list shortly.

Teams With DBs as ST Rushers

Los Angeles Patrick Hayes ST Rusher #3, Steven Hill ST Rusher #10,
Southern California Dennis Hernandez ST #7, Eddie Caven ST #6
San Antonio James Glass ST #6, Roy Orbison ST #8, Paul Nease ST #10
Oklahoma Prince Stone #3, William Sims #10
Memphis 5 DBs at ST Rusher #'s 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12
Florida John Osbourne #3, Shannon Oglesby #10
New Orleans 5 DBs at #9, 10, 11, 12, 14
Charlotte Paul Johnson ST Rusher #2
New York William Sedillo #7
Last edited at 8/13/2020 6:48 am

8/13/2020 6:08 am
3 teams in and already found 2 with some DBs. So far all but one are low enough at the moment, but the problem with having them there at all is injuries could force their way up the depth chart. The surest way to comply with the rule despite injuries is to fill the ST Rushers with every one of your DL and LB.

8/13/2020 6:14 am
If anyone is awake at 7:12 am, I'm going division by division and it won't take me long to go through all 32 teams. 31 actually, I already know I don't have any there.

Done Pacific and West so far, all 4 West teams had 0 DB there.

8/13/2020 6:31 am
Finished with the American Conference. Los Angeles and Oklahoma are currently in violation of the rule while Southern California, San Antonio and Memphis are at risk of a violation if injuries force those DBs to the front 4.

8/13/2020 7:33 am
Much better in the National Conference, as just Florida was in violation, though to be fair, I did not see him there in the game film. I'm going by player cards, and the Blazers player is listed as ST Rusher #3.

Every team listed above except Charlotte was PM'd this morning (I messaged Charlotte yesterday afternoon). I realize a lot of these DBs are so far down the depth chart they likely never get close to the front 4, I just wanted to give those teams a heads up to keep an eye on injuries.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 8:33 am
You got me. I removed them. :)

I have 9 listed in the ST Rusher field now. Only reason I had them listed was so that the sim engine wouldn't deem this area of my depth chart as weak and dock me for it. I didn't want to take L's on stupidity. As you can see I never had intention for them to hit the field.

I like that you are honed in on stopping any violation otherwise where's the line? I legit was cost a title because I was holstered in a non-punt block league and the opponent armed up on the other side (unintentional, but it still swayed the game) and I took the L. That sucked but I took the hit.

8/13/2020 8:38 am
You were probably fine without any changes but you never know when the injury bug will attack. Teams with them at #6 or 7 could easily be in violation unintentionally with a couple injuries.

By Infinity on Trial
8/13/2020 12:33 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
They should NOT be listed there anywhere to comply with the rule)

The rule, which I was the first to champion, is not to use DBs in the front four under any circumstances. I intentionally use backup DBs in outlying areas of the formation where they have no ability to block or exploit anything. This is part of a strategy to avoid injuries to starters and keep the bottom of my roster conditioned.

Regardless, I've found an easy fix.

8/13/2020 2:29 pm
If you or anyone else want to leave those players where they are/were, no problem. You aren't in violation and didn't have to do anything. I just want teams to be aware that having any DBs on the list makes them vulnerable to unintentionally violate the rule if injuries hit.

Let's not make more of this than it is.

By Dash
8/13/2020 3:37 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
If you or anyone else want to leave those players where they are/were, no problem. You aren't in violation and didn't have to do anything. I just want teams to be aware that having any DBs on the list makes them vulnerable to unintentionally violate the rule if injuries hit.

Let's not make more of this than it is.

As we spoke earlier about Hayes i dropped him to #9 and Hill is #10. i would prefer to leave them there..neither are active so lol