The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Punt Block Rule Still In Place

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/12/2020 12:18 pm
It has come to my attention that someone blocked 2 punts last night with a SS. I'll take the blame for this one since the team in question had zero blocked punts before last night. I know what I typed, and I also later said I was just blowing off steam.

THE PUNT BLOCK EXPLOIT BAN IS STILL IN PLACE

With that being said, I better not see anymore DBs blocking punts.

Re: Punt Block Rule Still In Place

By CrazyRazor
8/12/2020 6:13 pm
This just goes to show you which GM's play this game with integrity & which ones don't.

8/13/2020 2:58 am
I was told it happened when he auto set his depth chart.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 5:40 am
Edward Green

*His placement would be the indicator. That 77 speed DB isn't the guy where someone looking to maul with the punt block is going to lean on.

If Edward Green is slotted somewhere in the punt blocking picture. That's the guy who would display intent.
Last edited at 8/13/2020 5:43 am

8/13/2020 5:44 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Edward Green

*His placement would be the indicator. That 77 speed DB isn't the guy where someone looking to maul with the punt block is going to lean on.

If Edward Green is slotted somewhere in the punt blocking picture. That's the guy who would display intent.

"Gunner #4. Not sure where that lands or if he has over-rides."

Doesn't matter if the guy has 45 speed, the rule is no DBs on the front 4 of the punt block.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 5:45 am
Right, yeah.

and I'm saying that if the guy I listed appears in the front four then you know the intent was there.

77 speed I'd say more a mistake. He got his warning and will adjust.

8/13/2020 5:47 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Right, yeah.

and I'm saying that if the guy I listed appears in the front four then you know the intent was there.

77 speed I'd say more a mistake. He got his warning and will adjust.

I sure hope so, I don't want to boot anyone.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 5:51 am
Ok I zoomed in and looked. I don't see a #40 - Edward Green.

Verdict: Mistake.

The trailing guy on one of the blocks (he was 2nd one in on it) was a #91, which would be DE'ish.

8/13/2020 5:57 am
#49 was also in during the Baltimore game but did not block a punt. I think he was also in previous games, but I can't read the uniform numbers when they are on the road.

By Smirt211
8/13/2020 6:00 am
Like Dr. Gregory House said...'everybody lies.'

The CB could be a sneaky slick way of getting an under the radar 77 speed type in to claim innocence and play it off.

UKrain just doesn't have any sort of aggressive track record, though so I'd stick with mistake.