The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Opinions of the new 1991 rule

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/11/2020 8:34 pm
I locked the sticky thread, but if you want to voice your pleasure or disgust with it, you can do it here.

Re: Opinions of the new 1991 rule

8/11/2020 8:38 pm
I didn't want to put this to a vote and draw this out for days. The new rule takes effect at the start of next season so everyone is free to have 2 way players the rest of 1990.

By setherick
8/11/2020 9:26 pm
One point of clarification: Does this mean no switching a player permanently to the other side of the ball?

Like if I make a CB a RB permanently, is that OK?

8/11/2020 10:07 pm
setherick wrote:
One point of clarification: Does this mean no switching a player permanently to the other side of the ball?

Like if I make a CB a RB permanently, is that OK?

Position switches themselves are totally fine, the rule only covers game usage. If you see a CB in the draft class or free agency, you can make him a RB. If this were the 1991 season, all Smirt would have to do is make Perry a RB, and he'll still be like 91 speed after gaining weight.

Of course, if there is some loophole I haven't thought of yet, I reserve the right to amend the rule.

8/11/2020 10:12 pm
I suppose someone could switch a player's position right before the sim runs, then switch it back right after the game runs. That's not gonna fly.

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 5:23 am
I'd switch him to WR for the 1 speed point reduction but I won't because he's a CB #1. I need to fly over to the rules. I really hope we didn't go to the level of WRs can't be at RB.

Update: He's my CB #3.
Last edited at 8/12/2020 6:07 am

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 5:29 am
One thing: I'd say step back and monitor game scores next season, offensive structures and what people are settling with in the RB and WR positions, particularly.

Remember when these new versions came out they were implemented to curtail offenses significantly and this league's stocking for acquiring players is basically the most difficult on the platform via FA and bayonet between the teeth superb drafting by everyone.

The league could turn into sub 20 scores every single game.....maybe.

13-10, 14-10, 19-3....etc.

By Cjfred68
8/12/2020 6:11 am
Zero problem with the new rule....Ive never been smart enough to play either an offensive player on defense or vice versa.

Yeah, I agree free agency isn't a good place to build up a roster...just makes drafting and trading that much more important.

Looking at Smirts roster compared to mine just proves the point I've been making for years. I'm a roster builder and he is a gameplanner.

We are both 4-0 this season but if we switched rosters....Smirt would still be 4-0 and blowing teams out big while I would be 0-4 with no hope of competing.

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 6:16 am
You under-sell your game planning, though. Whenever I face you I'm like f*** or I dub it 'Fun Time, USA' in a sarcastic way of saying here we go again ....when we were battling every day in 5 different leagues over and over and over.

You got plays down to a science and you click like a machine. :)

By trslick
8/12/2020 9:23 am
Looks good to me greg, your doing a fine job!