The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 season

By Cjfred68
8/12/2020 11:12 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Well, ya'll got a bit of the bad juju you wanted with Perry.

Intra-division and injury decisions to make next game.

Out of curiosity, I checked the number of plays the CB/RB played and he is on the front page with 355 plays....but much larger then that....Im starting to see why injuries bother you so much.

Its a product of your success/style of play. You have 6 players on the front page for plays and knowing you know how to handle fatigue settings....it got me thinking about how many plays per game your team has....

And I was right, check the offensive and defensive plays per game. You are averaging over 155.5 plays per game while in my games I'm averaging 122.

Thats 33.5 additional plays per game for injury roles to occur.

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 11:15 am
Ok.

Perry is an exception with his usage as I'd normally slot a CB at RB lower in the RB depth chart than RB #1. Player would be more supplemental.

I also do various things to defray injuries with strategies.

By vcr5150
8/12/2020 12:08 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Good game VCR, lit up my defense like a Christmas tree

gg Greg. I was surprised by the score. We had a rough go the first 3 games, I guess the game is averaging it out. I don't think Denver is as bad as the first 3 games looked, nor as good as the last one looked.

Good luck the rest of the way - and thanks for all your league manager work!

By Cjfred68
8/12/2020 1:09 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Ok.

Perry is an exception with his usage as I'd normally slot a CB at RB lower in the RB depth chart than RB #1. Player would be more supplemental.

I also do various things to defray injuries with strategies.

I'm sure you do but its just a question of pure volume.

You have 10 players with over 300 plays and 18 players over 260 plays.

I have 1 player over 300 plays and 5 players over 260 plays.

Let's say injuries occur at a rate of 2% per play. Your chance of injury is greater then mine simply due to the number of plays played.

It has nothing to do with fatigue settings or pulling starters....your games feature both teams running many more plays then normal.

If fact, if you sort by most plays per game this season for players....21 of the top 40 are all in games featuring your team.

I was just looking at the number of plays and it stood out. Clearly the more plays you run as a team means more chances to be injured. Its just interesting to me.

By Smirt211
8/12/2020 1:15 pm
One other criteria to mention and I referenced this in another league, Champions to be exact.

Style of the game matters and tempo.

If you're locking horns with Infinity; wrapped up in a every play is a battle - points are scarce game....you're getting the hard hits and the sim engine firing on all engines for a competitive battle deciding which way to go. Defensive tilts with each play being hard fought with the strategies and within the sim will generate more injury pop-ups. (I think!)

If I can win the sim engine over as the game develops and especially towards the end where I generate a lot of my plays ....I can keep injuries at bay.

It's not cut and dry. A lot does come down to the sim engine and trying to deftly avoid its landmines. (i.e.....and I just pulled someone's game up with this play: 2-1-2 PA Pass Go or whatever it's called...generated a sack and a QB injury)

There's certain things which **** off the sim such as a long pass play it deems as a penalty one via how things have been designed since v4.2.

By Cjfred68
8/12/2020 1:40 pm
I dont really think the game code is that varied. Every play, each player has an injury roll with conditioning and fatigue factored in.

Maybe its 1 in 100 per player base with adjustments based on fatigue level plus conditioning.

It just goes to reason that the more plays you run, the more chance an injury will occur. I do remember many post from you complaining about end of game injuries and being upset about them.

You have 7 injuries

265 plays
355 plays
94 plays (2 games) 188 pace
116 plays (2 games) 232 pace
260 plays
26 plays (4 games)
302 plays

By pdoug20
8/12/2020 3:17 pm
Hey NY Stars, I'd say GG, but it was an absolute slopfest, especially on my side. Somehow we managed to not even throw a pass until the SECOND QUARTER!! Needless to say, this climb out of the league basement will be bumpy, to say the least...

By Dogboyuk75
8/12/2020 3:50 pm
gg oakland totally dominated me,thats my most disappointing performance since ive been in philly,second best evrywhere.good luck for rest of season buddy

By Dash
8/12/2020 4:13 pm
GG CR

Pathetic showing by the Express, you gave my team nightmares all game long, you put the clamp down in the 2nd half.. 5 out of my last 6 possessions started inside my own 15 yard line. hard to work with that..i had a buttload of penalties and a few turnovers..just overall terrible. Federals are looking mighty strong! gl rest of the way.

By CrazyRazor
8/12/2020 6:31 pm
Dash wrote:
GG CR

Pathetic showing by the Express, you gave my team nightmares all game long, you put the clamp down in the 2nd half.. 5 out of my last 6 possessions started inside my own 15 yard line. hard to work with that..i had a buttload of penalties and a few turnovers..just overall terrible. Federals are looking mighty strong! gl rest of the way.

I don't say GG when the score is lopsided, Dash. I will say that I didn't see this result coming at all. You'll get the Express moving like a fine-tuned machine before long. I'm certain of it. Gl the rest of the way.