The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Preseason Injury Rate set at 74

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/27/2020 12:02 pm
I know we agreed on 75%, but the injury slider only has even digits for me, so we need to either go with 74 or 76%. I went with 74. I hope I remember to switch it back to 100 for the regular season.

Re: Preseason Injury Rate set at 74

By Cjfred68
7/27/2020 12:49 pm
Not really a big fan of this!

Monkeying with the injury slider at any time during a season seems disingenuous and sets a bad precedent.

Injuries **** at any time but they effect every team at some point. Why would there be less injuries during the preseason??? This is first and foremost a roster management simulation and injuries are a key component of that....if injuries are such a concern for everyone then lowering the injury rate to 74% should be permanent.

I will never forget when my Baltimore Ravens won the 2001 Superbowl with a dominating defense and a smash mouth running game behind Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes....We couldn't afford to keep Holmes the following season but brought back the entire starting defense....In minicamp, we lost Jamal Lewis to an ACL tear and despite another fantastic defensive season....without a running game....we were bounced in the divisional round.

Injuries make this game more then just who can gameplan the best wins. Managing the roster and creating depth to overcome injuries should be just as important. We already don't have injuries during minicamp, training camp or practice and QBs are protected for the most part.

Just my 2 cents....I will go with the consensus. I agree Injuries **** anytime and especially preaeason but the fact is injuries do derail teams and create situations where teams are compromised.
Last edited at 7/27/2020 12:49 pm

7/28/2020 12:17 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
Not really a big fan of this!

Monkeying with the injury slider at any time during a season seems disingenuous and sets a bad precedent.

Injuries **** at any time but they effect every team at some point. Why would there be less injuries during the preseason??? This is first and foremost a roster management simulation and injuries are a key component of that....if injuries are such a concern for everyone then lowering the injury rate to 74% should be permanent.

I will never forget when my Baltimore Ravens won the 2001 Superbowl with a dominating defense and a smash mouth running game behind Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes....We couldn't afford to keep Holmes the following season but brought back the entire starting defense....In minicamp, we lost Jamal Lewis to an ACL tear and despite another fantastic defensive season....without a running game....we were bounced in the divisional round.

Injuries make this game more then just who can gameplan the best wins. Managing the roster and creating depth to overcome injuries should be just as important. We already don't have injuries during minicamp, training camp or practice and QBs are protected for the most part.

Just my 2 cents....I will go with the consensus. I agree Injuries **** anytime and especially preaeason but the fact is injuries do derail teams and create situations where teams are compromised.

We voted on this during the 1989 season and this option won out. The theory was to give players a chance to build up their conditioning before subjecting them to the normal injury rate when games count.

We can try it this year, and if enough people don't like it, we could vote again.

7/28/2020 1:30 am
Here is a link to the poll I posted last season https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/1619?page=1

By Cjfred68
7/28/2020 1:01 pm
I'm fine....I will go with the consensus.

If we are gonna lower the injury rate during the season...I would prefer the last 4 games be less then the first 4 games.

My only concern is the players get conditioned under a 75% injury rate during the preseason and we bump it up to 100% for game 1 and everyone gets butchered with game 1 injuries.

7/28/2020 1:12 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
I'm fine....I will go with the consensus.

If we are gonna lower the injury rate during the season...I would prefer the last 4 games be less then the first 4 games.

My only concern is the players get conditioned under a 75% injury rate during the preseason and we bump it up to 100% for game 1 and everyone gets butchered with game 1 injuries.

Well the vote was overwhelming to keep it at 100 during the regular season, but should we ever discuss lowering it, please bring up your point about the first 4/last 4 again.

If we do have a rash of injuries week 1, we can discuss changing it back to always 100 for 1991.

It's like any extra rule I impose...we'll see how it goes and if it needs changed or tweaked, we'll do that. Sometimes what seems like a good idea at the time can have other game implications we didn't see coming.

By Cjfred68
7/28/2020 1:14 pm
Its all good brother.....hopefully it works out for everyone.

Nobody knows injuries quite like you....with the 20 injuries you had that one season here....worst I've ever seen!

By vcr5150
7/29/2020 9:54 am
Thank goodness injuries were turned down. Denver had 6 in the first game. Additionally, 2 others have significant reductions in health - just not enough for an official injury.

Something I think I've noticed before in MFN, and my preseason week 1's injury total supports this - is that in addition to conditioning, play familiarity has an influence to injuries. My theory is not only an influence, but a pretty big one - especially when coupled with a lack of conditioning.

By hollyhh2000
7/29/2020 10:53 am
same here: 3 x questionable, 2 x doubtful, 1 x probable in a meaningless preseason game and reduced snaps, so I love the turn down to 75, otherwise it could have been worse

By Cjfred68
7/29/2020 11:16 am
Every team has at least 2 injuries except:

Arizona 0 (A.I.)
San Antonio 1
Boston 1

Florida 7 has the most with 4 being the average per team.