The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Training camp

By Cjfred68
7/27/2020 1:43 am
Houston had a nice draft!

1st round
WR Huge Chance +14/+9
50/81

Some questioned the decision of taking Chance over WR Ballard with the big volatility but the Gamble paid off big. Chance boomed big and will eventually fill one of the top 3 WR positions along with 2nd year man Jett Black and 4th year Anthony Fulks giving Houston 3 speedy weapons with speeds of 95,95 and 90.

2nd round
None

3rd round
RB Donald Turner +7/+8
40/72

Another gamble for Houston on a big Volatility back who boomed and will find snaps at RB with his 93 speed.

WR Hilton Langworthy +1/-19
31/46

Another long shot pick who busted hard and will end up on the trash heap most likely. Despite his 90 speed and 65 kick catch...there isn't much to like and his 15 avoid fumble makes him too risky a returner.

4th round
None

5th round
None

6th round
C Kevin Jones +10/+4
36/75

A nice depth piece at center with 98 short snapping and 91 long snapping.

FS Thomas Snyder +13/+6
43/74

Needed some depth at safety and took a flyer on a slower (59 speed) player with decent (87) acceleration who can add depth to a weaker position.

7th round

C Mike Kimball 0/0
34/66

Doubled up on center to add to depth and he didn't pan out enough to keep a roster spot.
Last edited at 7/27/2020 1:45 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/27/2020 2:06 am
When I think back on 1990, I think of finally reaching drinking age and the wire to wire World Champion Cincinnati Reds. Instead of naming my players after drunks, I named them after some baseball players from the 1990 Reds. Man, should have saved one for Lou Piniella, he was awesome.

One gigantic bust, and some modest booms in Generals camp.

I used their baseball uniform numbers except for the OL. I tripled Hatcher's #22 and doubled Browning's #32. Joe Oliver was #9, so I gave him #89. After going -27 in camp, I'll be giving him a pink slip next.
Last edited at 7/27/2020 2:09 am

By Cjfred68
7/27/2020 2:10 am
Eric Davis was a beast who couldn't stay healthy and Barry Larkin was the man. Was fortunate enough to see Eric Davis play for the Baltimore Orioles and he lacerated his own kidney or maybe it was his liver diving for a ball....he made the catch!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-10-23-sp-3255-story.html%3F_amp%3Dtrue&ved=2ahUKEwiurMm58OzqAhWdoHIEHeuSAXgQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3ZCr033C16K0VELZYil8FI&ampcf=1
Last edited at 7/27/2020 2:12 am

7/27/2020 2:23 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
Eric Davis was a beast who couldn't stay healthy and Barry Larkin was the man. Was fortunate enough to see Eric Davis play for the Baltimore Orioles and he lacerated his own kidney or maybe it was his liver diving for a ball....he made the catch!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-10-23-sp-3255-story.html%3F_amp%3Dtrue&ved=2ahUKEwiurMm58OzqAhWdoHIEHeuSAXgQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3ZCr033C16K0VELZYil8FI&ampcf=1

It was his kidney. Marge Schott, the racist owner of the team at the time, didn't even pay for Davis to fly home (he couldn't fly with the team due to the lacerated kidney).

7/27/2020 2:28 am
For those that don't follow baseball and/or too young to know who Marge Schott was, she owned the Reds for a few years before she was forced out for basically supporting Hitler. I forget which specific player, maybe it was more than one, but she called him/them her million dollar n-word.

One Opening Day, an umpire had a heart attack and died on the field, and Marge was upset about the game being delayed. Pretty sure she sent his family a used flower arrangement too, she was a piece of work for sure.

You can read about her nastiness here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marge_Schott

By Hellbringer
7/27/2020 5:28 am
2 out 4.

Small draft for Michigan this year.

Our 2nd round pick yielded a starting TE.

Dorey's replacement busted down, but still has the speed to be useful.

A gamble at LG busted, too expensive to cut though.

A late round MLB boomed, but his lack of speed makes him just a backup

By Mcarovil
7/27/2020 7:38 am
Happy with the draft. Not a fan of OL in the 1st, but he will be a 10 yr starter, so that’s good. One fo the left over WRs took a good turn, should play a lot and our TE boomed And 3rd rd CB dropped a little and might see time in the dime so, 3 starters and 2 contributors.

By setherick
7/27/2020 8:04 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Happy with the draft. Not a fan of OL in the 1st, but he will be a 10 yr starter, so that’s good. One fo the left over WRs took a good turn, should play a lot and our TE boomed And 3rd rd CB dropped a little and might see time in the dime so, 3 starters and 2 contributors.

Fowler may be the best slot WR/TE2 hybrid in the draft after the boom.

By Smirt211
7/27/2020 9:47 am
This is going to take a lot of deep thinking.

I'll tell you this....I was done without Dorey. It was Stanley Kerr's 86 speed and the 7 Possession Receiver Dwarfs. lol
Last edited at 7/27/2020 9:48 am

By Hellbringer
7/27/2020 11:12 am
Smirt211 wrote:
This is going to take a lot of deep thinking.

I'll tell you this....I was done without Dorey. It was Stanley Kerr's 86 speed and the 7 Possession Receiver Dwarfs. lol

Have a fast FB and lots of flare passes lol