The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Injuries...1989 version

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/07/2020 5:53 am
My team is pretty banged up, and I noticed a couple others were as well, so I did some digging. I have checked all 16 American Conference teams injury lists and all but 1 team has at least 5 injured players. All told, there are 112 injured players for those 16 teams, which is an average of exactly 7 per team.

45 of those 112 injuries are worse than probable, though most of these are questionable (5 doubtful, 3 Out). I'm about to check my conference.

I haven't changed our setting, it's still at 100. Maybe there was something added to the code which makes injuries occur more frequent? Idk, but imo it seems injuries might be getting out of whack again.

Re: Injuries...1989 version

6/07/2020 5:54 am
Not trying to get rid of injuries, but I would like our average to be maybe 4-5 per team, not 7.

6/07/2020 6:08 am
National Conference has 116 injuries so we average 7 injuries per team. Birmingham is healthiest with just 3 injuries, while Oklahoma, Tampa Bay, New Orleans and Philadelphia have 4 each. On the other side of the spectrum, New Jersey has 13 injured players, Chicago and Florida have 12 each, while Shreveport and Pittsburgh have 11 each.

38 of the 116 injuries are worse than probable in the National Conference for a total of 83 serious injuries (36.4% of all injured players are questionable, doubtful or Out).

By Cjfred68
6/07/2020 6:17 am
I'm playing my 3rd straight game without my RB1 and WR1...both of whom suffered serious injuries in week 2. I'm playing my RB2 for the 1st time in 3 weeks and sit at 10 total injuries with 4 questionable 5 or worse.

Its been my experience that 7 injuries is the average in most leagues during the course of a season.

6/07/2020 6:22 am
I put a poll up, partly because of the rash of injuries and partly because I was asked to lower it during the preseason.

By Cjfred68
6/07/2020 6:24 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
I put a poll up, partly because of the rash of injuries and partly because I was asked to lower it during the preseason.

I voted...injuries are a part of the game in my opinion and you just have to make due when they happen. Thats what makes team building and depth so important!

6/07/2020 6:31 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

I voted...injuries are a part of the game in my opinion and you just have to make due when they happen. Thats what makes team building and depth so important!

I agree to a point but sometimes MFN injuries get out of hand. I do like the idea of lowering the injury meter for preseason and probably would have done it for this season had it been brought up before any games were played.

By Cjfred68
6/07/2020 7:14 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

I agree to a point but sometimes MFN injuries get out of hand. I do like the idea of lowering the injury meter for preseason and probably would have done it for this season had it been brought up before any games were played.

You gotta do what you think is right for the league. I trust you will do whats best. I played in a league where injuries were lowered to 50% and found myself raising fatigue settings so my starters played more since injuries were infrequent and ended up winning the League Title with a team that had no depth to speak of....its a balancing act where you can't make everyone happy all the time.

Nobody wants injuries but it is a big part of football and honestly the injuries in this game are nothing compared to other sims I've played where someone being out 18 months is a possibility...not to mention how many QBs go down for the season here as compared to the NFL...Alex Smith...Cam Newton...Ben Roethlisberger and we would never have a Nick Foyles in this league.

6/07/2020 7:23 am
I actually voted for 75 preseason, 100 regular season, subject to change based on future information. We do need some injuries, but I don't want to see it get worse than it is league wide. It would be one thing if my team was the only injury riddled team but 25% of the league has at least 10 injuries at the moment, while just one team has less than 4.

I had always intended to make a poll about the preseason injury rate ever since I was asked about it, and now seems as good a time as any.

By Smirt211
6/07/2020 8:01 am
Little late to the party here. I'll double back and read all the responses.

75-80% is the right #. Like I saw in glancing through 50% would be boredom as we'd never have to navigate anything, however, 100% allows the sim engine to have its way in its design to inflict on winning teams.

Completely independent of this league, VCR was posting on his team taking on injury water over and over in a similar type situation.

Update: CJ's team is a big time winning one here, right? Peep his RB #1 and WR #1 injuries as submitted into evidence.

I'd be fine with 75% preseason, 100% regular season.
Last edited at 6/07/2020 8:06 am