The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Portland Storm and Charlotte Hornets

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/07/2020 5:44 am
Portland Storm sends:
1990 Round 6

Charlotte Hornets sends:
Michael Abdullah (SS)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Portland Storm and Charlotte Hornets

By Cjfred68
6/07/2020 6:22 am
horrible trade for the Hornets! A 91 speed defensive back for a 6th rounder? I realize he is in his 8th season but still he rates at a 75/75 SS under my weights and his speed make him a pmaymaker! What value does a 6th round pick really have...should have gotten a 4th or maybe 2 5ths in my opinion. This is a 1 sided trade.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/07/2020 6:26 am
Yeah, this isn't a good trade for Charlotte at all. Two things every owner should know were ignored in this trade...speed kills and the trade meter should be ignored.

By Infinity on Trial
6/07/2020 7:36 am
I think a 5 would have been fair, considering he has less than one season left before speed creates. The travesty here is setherick really didn't need to add more firepower to his pass rush.

By setherick
6/07/2020 7:38 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I think a 5 would have been fair, considering he has less than one season left before speed creates. The travesty here is setherick really didn't need to add more firepower to his pass rush.

It's a one year experiment, and who says it's going to work?

By Cjfred68
6/07/2020 8:04 am
It cost you a 6th rounder...not much of a price for that speed...The trade wasn't about next year...it was about improving now.

Trades are suppose to benefit both teams and I see nothing here that improves Charlotte...My opinion

If he works 2 or 3 teams who are contenders...he gets a 4th for him...its all I'm saying. If Memphis and Houston offered a 5th...would you have matched or dropped out? I would have went as high as a 4th and a 5th if I knew both of you were bidding on him.

By setherick
6/07/2020 8:08 am
6th was my starting offer. I had plans on going up.

Also, focusing on Abdullah's SP overlooks his real value.
Last edited at 6/07/2020 8:12 am

By Cjfred68
6/07/2020 8:12 am
setherick wrote:
6th was my starting offer. I had plans on going up.

The lesson here is the value of speed and how the trade score system is broken. I don't begrudge Seth making the offer but Ukrain needs to realize what he is being offered and for what so he gets fair value. A 6th is a throw away pick on some project type player while a 4th offers a better chance at some solid depth.

By Infinity on Trial
6/07/2020 8:13 am
Just a point of clarity: I wasn't bidding and had no knowledge of the trade talks.

By setherick
6/07/2020 8:13 am
I mean the lesson here is make an offer on guys that are buried on other team's benches. And then haggle as necessary.