The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1988 All Pro K and P

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/03/2020 11:47 am
I'm in the process of determining which players will appear on the 1988 All Pro ballot, but like always, the commish names the kicker and punter.

1988 All Pro Kicker John Bazile Washington

Bazile made 45 of 49 FGA and was an awesome 11/15 from 50+. A couple of other kickers had similar % made but lacked in the long FG department.

1988 All Pro Punter

Michael Lemanski Oklahoma

Punter was hard to pick one as nobody was dominant like Bazile was over the rest of the kickers. I picked Lemanski because he was 3rd in gross avg, 2nd in net avg, and landed 43/101 punts inside the 20

Re: 1988 All Pro K and P

5/03/2020 12:02 pm
The player award section agrees with my choice of Bazile but disagrees on punter. They only account for total inside 20 punts, not the % or kick averages.

5/03/2020 12:15 pm
Speaking of All Pro, I'm currently vetting DBs and I just found an incredible stat. CB Gordon Wong of Jacksonville had 14 INTs with 4 TDs. Wong was 1 INT short of tying the league record of 15, which Wong accomplished in 1984. The 4 INT return TDs are a league record.

5/03/2020 12:17 pm
Wong has 74 career INT, good for #1 all time, tied with Douglas Oneal of Honolulu.

By AlexanDragon
5/03/2020 6:18 pm
I thoutgh Schaefer had better kicking stats but I'm not gonna argue with the selection committee. Looking at Schaefer's career stats he may will be a HOF after all.

By Infinity on Trial
5/03/2020 6:24 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:
I thoutgh Schaefer had better kicking stats but I'm not gonna argue with the selection committee. Looking at Schaefer's career stats he may will be a HOF after all.

I seem to recall last year's voting resulted in several all-time great DBs being snubbed in favor of OL.

5/03/2020 6:24 pm
AlexanDragon wrote:

Slightly better percentages but Bazile had 10 more FG and made 3 more from long range. I'm sure Denver will have an All Pro or 2, Funkhouser should get in I'd think.

By Infinity on Trial
5/03/2020 6:28 pm
I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the Wong post.

5/04/2020 1:10 pm
I have the names mostly ready for the ballot, I have to go through the National Conference rookies and create the ballot on Survey Monkey.

5/06/2020 1:50 pm
Just got a call from my estate lawyer and I gotta meet him before work. That cuts into the time I was going to build the survey at survey monkey. I only have 1 more team to look at their rookies, then I have to pare down the rookie list. I currently have a list of 9 rookies on offense and 19 defensive rookies. The final list will be 6-8 each side of the ball.

I already know who will be on the veteran part of the ballot, but I have to transfer all of that into survey questions. That will take 1-2 hours, so I'll work on that after work.

The reason I stopped with one team left is I had to point out the names of the NY Stars rookies.

I used names like this when I owned Xenia Tornado in a roster only league, one I remember most is Hugh Jass, a DT.