The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Punt Block Name and Shame

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/12/2020 1:33 pm
This is about as far as I'm willing to go with this. If anyone has a punt blocked against them or just want everyone else know who uses the exploit, feel free to name them here. Maybe if they are "outed". they'll be shamed into stopping.

If feelings get hurt in the process, so be it. I flat out refuse to kick anyone out who uses it though, I'm not going down that road. Use it or don't, everyone has to live with themselves. Personally, I have used it but more as revenge for having it done to me. Still wrong and I'm pretty sure they've all been set to normal in all my teams.

Re: Punt Block Name and Shame

By CrazyRazor
4/12/2020 6:09 pm
This works for me for now.

By Cjfred68
4/12/2020 6:34 pm
Bringing the full scope of this into the light is important...researching every game log is very time consuming but discovering (in another league) that someone had 44 punt blocks in 16 games with 30 of those coming from a 96 speed CB rated 51/51 (My ratings) with no actual abilities beyond speed. Made me take a hard stance...its just not something I want to play with.

By AlexanDragon
4/12/2020 6:52 pm
I never watch my games, is there an easy way to find out if it happened to me or even if my team did it ?

By Cjfred68
4/12/2020 7:46 pm
Not really....it doesnt show up in the stats....it shows as a fumble sometimes or downs sometimes unless it directly results into a touchdown.

The only way I find them minus watching the game is scrolling through the game log. It's a pain in the *** for a league admin to do that X16.

The best way to find out if someone is trying to use it....goto the film of a punt....check the front four on the punt return team....if its loaded up with speedy CBs and WRs...they are trying hard.

That's my biggest dispute with it....4 players under 200 lbs lining up against 5 lineman averaging 300 lbs and it's no contest half the time.
Last edited at 4/12/2020 7:50 pm

By Cjfred68
4/12/2020 8:04 pm
Look, I respect Greg and his decision. I just dont want to have to use it to compete because I dont like it.

Like him, this is a game and I'm here to construct a full roster and put my best gameplan up against someone elses and roll the dice.

It really hit home with me during a title game up against a great owner. A 10-9 game at halftime with 2 gameplans going at it....first punt of the 2nd half results in a block which sets up a short field TD...I ended up losing 28-16 but twice I went for it on 4th down in fieldgoal range because I trailed by 2 scores.

So subtract the punt block TD and add 2 fieldgoals....21-22 my way. I clearly could have still lost the game anyway but was robbed of a great Title game either way because of it.

To each his own but I dont want to win that way so I'm at a clear disadvantage versus someone that has no problem using it.

I know of 3 or 4 other exploits which essentially break the game but I wont use them either. This is all a result of playing under the same code for 16 months. What plays work versus what dont have been figured out to the nth degree and owners are digging deep into the code.

We need a new version soon!

By jabillups85
4/13/2020 9:13 am
Self Shaming Post!! I used DBs on punt return. I have definitely blocked my fair share of punts. I am in the process of removing DBs from punt return in all of my leagues. My last straw was in https://mlf.myfootballnow.com/. I won my last game with a punt block in the 4th quarter. It was week 16 and the other team was undefeated. I apologized and changed my depth chart.

By Dogboyuk75
4/13/2020 10:38 am
Fair play coach your changing things now and putting more friendly gameplay ahead of winning at all cost I respect you for that and being honest about it as well .kudos to you and good luck moving forward

By vcr5150
4/13/2020 1:48 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:

It really hit home with me during a title game up against a great owner. A 10-9 game at halftime with 2 gameplans going at it....first punt of the 2nd half results in a block which sets up a short field TD...I ended up losing 28-16 but twice I went for it on 4th down in fieldgoal range because I trailed by 2 scores.

So subtract the punt block TD and add 2 fieldgoals....21-22 my way. I clearly could have still lost the game anyway but was robbed of a great Title game either way because of it.

To each his own but I dont want to win that way so I'm at a clear disadvantage versus someone that has no problem using it.

Ironically, in a different league, the manager of the punt-blocking team was involved in a discussion where he was adamant that punt blocking be disallowed because of the unfairness of the exploit.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/13/2020 3:17 pm
vcr5150 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

Ironically, in a different league, the manager of the punt-blocking team was involved in a discussion where he was adamant that punt blocking be disallowed because of the unfairness of the exploit.

Yes but I see no reason to bring that up here. That discussion was in another league, and it has been resolved.