The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Check your Overrides

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/19/2020 8:25 am
Even if you don't use them, it's a good idea to check on them from time to time. I just did in another league and found several empty spots in my special teams sets. That means AI was randomly putting people in. Another thing to check for is make sure your long snapper isn't also one of the OL blockers.

Re: Check your Overrides

1/19/2020 8:27 am
Special teams is mainly where I have seen issues. I had one team in a now defunct league (MFN 48) where I had to manually insert my kicker into the field goal set. Hitting the clear button left the spot blank.

1/19/2020 8:45 am
I've checked 4 of my 8 teams and every one has had blank spots. My World League team even has a blank spot for the QB!!! In every formation even. Idk how long it's been like that but I made the final 4 and my starting QB took every snap, so it didn't affect anything but it still bothers me.

1/19/2020 8:47 am

By Infinity on Trial
1/19/2020 1:28 pm
I assume the blanks are a display bug, but better safe than sorry, I guess

By AlexanDragon
1/19/2020 2:03 pm
All my punter, kicker, kick holder are blanked but they are still the ones kicking and holding in game.

1/19/2020 2:06 pm
Depending on how they're listed in the depth chart, sometimes players appear in 2 boxes on punt returns. That will happen if a player is a top 6 gunner and a top 4 ST rusher.

By Infinity on Trial
1/19/2020 2:59 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Depending on how they're listed in the depth chart, sometimes players appear in 2 boxes on punt returns. That will happen if a player is a top 6 gunner and a top 4 ST rusher.

Another good bit of advice is to set depth charts that don't force zany decisions. I've seen a starting LT, for instance, listed as the backup at other line positions. So if you're starting RG gets hurt, your LT moves inside ...

By Infinity on Trial
1/19/2020 3:00 pm
And remember that some ST plays, such as kick returns, stupidly use the wrong personnel unless you override

By AlexanDragon
1/19/2020 5:03 pm
This game is way too complex for me lol