The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Lucky Quit

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/07/2019 8:44 am
Lucky and I had an unpleasant back and forth this morning, which resulted in him quitting literally seconds before I tried to remove him. If anyone cares to read it, it's here https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/1394?page=1. I have locked that thread.

I probably shouldn't have made the delicate feelings remark, but in hindsight it looks like I was correct, considering all the F bombs dropped after. If anyone has any recommendations to take over the Force, lmk.

Re: Lucky Quit

By Cjfred68
12/07/2019 9:47 am
I guess I'm the disrespectful one because I defended Greg.

I'm sorry but I think it's pretty disrespectful to call out a league admin for NOT keeping up with his posting. As a league admin for 5 leagues, I go through stretches where I cant post as much as I would like and if an owner called me out on it.....I would be pretty pissed.

League admins do this for the love of it.....we dont get paid and take the time to research, compile then compose these post to add content to leagues.

Lucky is still upset that he was named in the name and shame thread but I was the one defending him and had him removed....In fact, he went so far to call me a gentleman in that thread....but now I'm disrespecting him by defending Greg and wishing him well as he deals with some real life issues.

I think it's only common sense that if something isnt being posted that the admin simply hasnt had the time to do it. Calling out an admin for not posting is the only disrespectful thing that happened.

Good riddance

12/07/2019 10:11 am
If I'm being honest, I thought his initial comment about the blog could be taken as disrespectful, especially when I've been complaining about my lack of time all season, but I chose not to take it that way. It was also a legitimate question, which I answered so I was confused when I saw his I feel disrespected comments.

The worst time to come at me with anything trivial is right before or after a long, busy shift at work, and make no mistake...this whole episode was trivial.

It sucks losing any owner. I truly want all of you to stay, even if we have disagreements over petty stuff. It just depends on how we handle the disagreements, and clearly, telling me to go F myself isn't the way to handle things.

I could have been doing power rankings this morning instead of dealing with this steaming pile of dung. Just one more example of why I'm behind lmao.

By Smirt211
12/07/2019 10:18 am
Obvious kid. Incessant crying on the main board but he himself is playing cheeseball style. The last time I played and scouted him he literally had only used 5 defensive plays total..!!!!!!!!!! As in that is all which would come up in lets say a 5 game search via plays called.

Last edited at 12/07/2019 10:20 am

By AlexanDragon
12/07/2019 1:43 pm
I wish I could've replied to him and tell him that yes, he is disrespectful, and show him what could have been said instead to ask respectfully his question :

May I ask why these weekly blogs haven't been done in a while ?

Who would've taken this as disrespect? No one.
Then he replies with

- LOL

We all know sarcasm, won't fool anyone here.

Yet he chooses to talks this way probably to stir in the bowl of **** and when the **** is coming he acts as a victim.

In French we have a saying that goes a bit like:

"You harvest whichever seed you plant"
There you go, lucky, don't expect to harvest respect if you plant **** !

Edit: may I add that CJ never talked about him directly and even if it was maybe directed toward him it wasnt insulting at all. His feelings are hurt from somewhere else and he unloaded some **** here
Last edited at 12/07/2019 1:47 pm

By USFLCommish
12/08/2019 3:23 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Obvious kid. Incessant crying on the main board but he himself is playing cheeseball style. The last time I played and scouted him he literally had only used 5 defensive plays total..!!!!!!!!!! As in that is all which would come up in lets say a 5 game search via plays called.

Doing Georgia stuff now, and when he left, he had 28 offensive plays checked and 15 of 30 defensive plays. I'm not going to add any plays at this time, I'm only doing this so the AI doesn't act like Mayhem and screw up the cap.

By Smirt211
12/08/2019 4:36 pm
It'd take digging into to find out where I made the league note on it but I distinctly remember pulling him up and his defensive play calls for 5 games were 5 total defensive plays. Stream fest of Seth specials (touted by him so this guy streams it) such as the MLB OLB Flat Zone, a Double WR #2 and a Goal-line defense or two tossed in. But I'm sure someone else scouted the situation and could validate/authenticate my words as factual.

Last edited at 12/08/2019 4:38 pm

12/08/2019 4:40 pm
I don't doubt you at all, and I didn't check how many of those plays were actually used. I mainly posted as a status update on what I found in his playbook.

By Smirt211
12/08/2019 4:46 pm
Actually it was here (I must have removed my note once he left) and in the 2nd game with him I responded accordingly. nods

By setherick
12/08/2019 10:06 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
It'd take digging into to find out where I made the league note on it but I distinctly remember pulling him up and his defensive play calls for 5 games were 5 total defensive plays. Stream fest of Seth specials (touted by him so this guy streams it) such as the MLB OLB Flat Zone, a Double WR #2 and a Goal-line defense or two tossed in. But I'm sure someone else scouted the situation and could validate/authenticate my words as factual.

I don't run a Flat Zone defense in this league, so I don't know what you're talking about. (I run my 3-4 Cover 1 base defense in this league.) I also have never recommended the Double WR2 plays because they get torched repeatedly (seriously they give up some of the worst median yards as anyone).

I have no problems with people that only use base defensive sets and know how to set their roster. The reason that these don't suffer from the overuse penalty is because of a compromise back when blitzes were ridiculously overpowered.