The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 Playoff Race

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/06/2019 1:50 am
WEEK 14 SPOILER ALERT

If you don't know your Week 14 result, stop reading or I'll give something away.

American Conference

#1 Memphis
#2 Arizona
#3 seed Southern California or Honolulu
#4 seed Michigan or Cleveland
#5 Houston
#6 seed currently Denver at 8-6

The teams in bold are locked into those spots while Southern California and Michigan need 1 win or 1 loss by the team trailing them to clinch their divisions. Most likely the Pacific winner will be #3 and Midwest champ #4.

Houston is locked into the #5 seed and will travel to Michigan or Cleveland for a road playoff game.

Denver is currently #6, though if they stumble, Honolulu, Portland, and Oklahoma at 7-7 are all 1 game behind.

National Conference

5 of 6 playoff teams are set, though seeding is to be determined.

In Playoffs

Florida Southeast Division winner, bye still possible but unlikely. Most likely #4 seed.
Birmingham could be seeded anywhere but they'll be seeded somewhere
Washington likely #1 seed but have not clinched the division yet
Baltimore have an outside shot at the division but likely headed to Florida or New Jersey wildcard weekend
New Jersey won the East weeks ago, outside shot at a bye, most likely #3 seed

The South Division will be drama filled the last 2 weeks as Birmingham, New Orleans, and Georgia are all separated by 2 games and one of those 3 teams won't qualify for the playoffs at all. New Orleans has the short end of the schedule stick, their remaining opponents have a combined record of 20-8. Georgia and Birmingham's are an identical 10-18.
Last edited at 12/06/2019 1:50 am

By Lucky
12/06/2019 7:24 am
Voodoo winning today makes it pretty hard for me now.. they have to lose 2 and I have to win 2.. I'm pretty sure I'll lose in tie breakers.
Last edited at 12/06/2019 8:37 am

By jabillups85
12/06/2019 1:23 pm
Cleveland just lost their 9th game with 8 losses by 1 score. 8 losses by a combined 35 points, that's an average of 4.375 points per loss. Even with the 15 point loss to Michigan the average is still at 5.5 points per loss. SMH

By Smirt211
12/06/2019 2:19 pm
Just keep rooting for me to have injuries. I took another major hitting while rehabbing my main play maker to full health whom is surrounded by wounded warriors. It's probably pointless for us to make the playoffs since I'd need my limited play makers at my disposal, however, I'm too competitive to just punt it away. So F it, time to get mad as f*** and hit the lab.

....also, I need to win this game because to quote 2pac "The Federalis want to see me dead, I got 2 rottweilers by my bed."

Translation: I'm not beating Crazy Razor's 13-1 Washington Federals. lol

Last edited at 12/06/2019 2:23 pm