The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Retiring

By Pernbronze
10/07/2019 5:08 pm
I'm currently in my 4th bout with cancer. Having to check this daily is just becoming too much and I'm too competitive to play and not give my all. I just had surgery to remove the cancer last week but unfortunately due to being poor, my doctor was extremely lazy and took months to do what should have been done in weeks. As such the surgeon thinks he got all the cancer but now I have some nerve damage to my face. Anyway as much as I love this game and league I'll be dropping my teams. I hope the admins can find replacements quickly as the teams are in good shape. Thank you all and best of luck.

Re: Retiring

By Hellbringer
10/07/2019 5:17 pm
Hope things turn around for you bud!

By hectorg93
10/07/2019 6:59 pm
Good luck with your battle man, hope you recuperate and maybe come back to MFN one day.

By punisher
10/07/2019 8:28 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
I just had surgery to remove the cancer last week but unfortunately due to being poor, my doctor was extremely lazy and took months to do what should have been done in weeks. .

next time either call United Way 2-1-1 or check your country/city for a community clincs and if you look hard enough you should be able to find something FREE or a sliding scale .

hopefully one or both will help you knowing you are poor and hope this time will be the time you will be cured for cancer Pernbronze
Last edited at 10/07/2019 8:28 pm

By Wolveraider
10/07/2019 10:05 pm
Hate to see you go...but to **** with the game....sincerely wishing you a full recovery, take care.

By Pernbronze
10/07/2019 10:31 pm
punisher wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
I just had surgery to remove the cancer last week but unfortunately due to being poor, my doctor was extremely lazy and took months to do what should have been done in weeks. .

next time either call United Way 2-1-1 or check your country/city for a community clincs and if you look hard enough you should be able to find something FREE or a sliding scale .

hopefully one or both will help you knowing you are poor and hope this time will be the time you will be cured for cancer Pernbronze

I have Medicare and Medicaid but they don't get the same priority as private insurance or cash. And I was going to the local clinic. If it weren't for me calling the oncologist and explaining it directly I'd still be waiting and the cancer burrowing deeper. Some doctors it's just about the job and money, not the patients.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/08/2019 4:18 am
Sorry to hear you're leaving Pern, you will be missed. Your teams have been a thorn in many people's backside. Best of luck kicking cancer's *** and if you ever feel up to playing MFN again, know you'll always be welcome here.

By vcr5150
10/08/2019 10:19 am
Sorry to hear. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I sure hope you get back to the point where running a team becomes of interest again soon.

By pdoug20
10/08/2019 3:51 pm
So sorry to hear about your situation. My sincerest prayers to you for a full recovery. You will surely be missed here, but we all understand. All the best...

By AlexanDragon
10/08/2019 5:21 pm
Take care of yourself pern ! Gonna miss our rivalry ... Probably my favorite in MFN. :(