The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post, Aug. 17: Hiebert, Curcio Join USFL/WFL Hall of Fame

By tribewriter
8/17/2019 8:35 am
Patrick Hiebert, the USFL/WFL all-time rushing leader, and Travis Curcio, its leading tackler, have officially joined the league's Hall of Fame, as voted by the league's coaches.
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com

Re: New Blog Post, Aug. 17: Hiebert, Curcio Join USFL/WFL Hall of Fame

By Pernbronze
8/17/2019 9:03 am
Wow no respect for fullbacks.

By tribewriter
8/17/2019 9:39 am
Pernbronze wrote:

All 32 coaches voted, and every player nominated was placed on the ballot, so everyone was able to voice their opinion. The fullback received two votes.

There are no punters or kickers in the Hall of Fame yet (I imagine McCormack will receive serious consideration), no DL, and no TE.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/17/2019 3:10 pm
Pernbronze wrote:

No respect for Championship rings either. I'm disappointed in 14 of you for not voting Mike Williams.

By Cjfred68
8/17/2019 9:49 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:

No respect for Championship rings either. I'm disappointed in 14 of you for not voting Mike Williams.

I agree about CB Mike Williams.

6th alltime thrown at (1246)

7th alltime knockdowns (179)

5th alltime catch allowed % (43.6) for defensive backs thrown at a minimum of 1000 times

4th alltime interceptions (56)

5th alltime in interception return yards (181)

5th alltime in interceptions returned for TD (2)

3 time World Bowl Champion.

He only played for my team one season but he helped me win a title. He should be a hall of famer.

His has 19 and 20 more interceptions then the 2 defensive backs currently in the hall of fame and his catch allowed percentage is within less than 1% of both of them.

#MIKEWILLIAMSHOF
Last edited at 8/17/2019 9:50 pm

8/18/2019 6:37 am
Perhaps the campaigning for Williams turned some voters off. If so, I'd like to know before James Lockette retires because it would be a shame to keep the #1 or #2 all time sack leader out of the HOF just because you want me to shut up about my players.

By greyghost1225
8/18/2019 12:01 pm
It is the only player I voted for. Now with that being said voting is over, sorry he didn't make it, maybe next season.

8/18/2019 12:07 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
It is the only player I voted for. Now with that being said voting is over, sorry he didn't make it, maybe next season.

Maybe Williams and Lockette can go in together next year, provided Lockette doesn't keep playing.

By Cjfred68
8/18/2019 12:34 pm
I dont think campaigning for a player should be viewed negatively, especially when he is deserving of serious consideration.

Besides CB Mike Williams being top ten alltime in just about every primary defensive back statistical category, he appeared in 5 World Bowls, winning 3 of them.

Just a quick check of all the Hall of Fame inductees and I dont believe anyone of them played in 2 World Bowls, let alone 5 or winning 3.

Just like in real life, he just wasnt a first ballot hall of famer but should get in eventually as a New Jersey General.
Last edited at 8/18/2019 12:34 pm

By greyghost1225
8/18/2019 1:06 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
I dont think campaigning for a player should be viewed negatively, especially when he is deserving of serious consideration.

Besides CB Mike Williams being top ten alltime in just about every primary defensive back statistical category, he appeared in 5 World Bowls, winning 3 of them.

Just a quick check of all the Hall of Fame inductees and I dont believe anyone of them played in 2 World Bowls, let alone 5 or winning 3.

Just like in real life, he just wasnt a first ballot hall of famer but should get in eventually as a New Jersey General.

I don't vote on a player in regards to world bowls, they are a fraction of the team itself. Now if someone asks me if Raidergreg deserves to be in the hall of fame, that is a different vote. A player I will never look at amount of championships or playoffs. They are irrelevant.

***additional note: In regards to campaigning I always thought when I was in New Orleans I had players overlooked. Initially I would make comments or as you and Raidergreg are doing here campaigning. I found out, it didn't matter either way, either owners didn't like that New Orleans won consistently or they didn't like me. In either case today I might make a statement, but then I move on.
Last edited at 8/18/2019 1:11 pm