The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Week 11 Discussion

By tribewriter
7/16/2019 4:51 pm
* The Los Angeles Express topped the Jacksonville Bulls, 24-17, to take hold of the final wild-card spot in the American Conference. Mario Valencia passed for 372 yards and three TDs, all to WR Dane Britt (10 receptions, 256 yards). They teamed up for the 55-yard game-winner with 2:03 remaining.
* The Honolulu Hawaiians (9-2) are chasing Denver (10-1) for the top spot in the conference after a 13-9 win over the Houston Gamblers, Honolulu's eighth consecutive victory. Douglas Oneal had one of the Hawaiians' three interceptions.
* The Detroit Wheels (9-2) are also chasing Denver after edging Michigan, 24-17, to take a three-game lead over the Panthers in the Midwest Division. FS Rick Edwards had 11 tackles for the Wheels.
* The San Jose SaberCats snapped a six-game losing streak and finished off a season sweep of the Southern California Sun, 29-14. San Jose MLB William McMartin had 11 tackles and a sack, forced a fumble, and intercepted a pass. Gregory Skidmore threw for 387 yards and three TDs, all to WR Tony Wrobel (8 receptions, 169 yards).
* Orlando QB Elwood Savage directed a 65-yard drive that ended with his zero-yard TD pass to Dexter Elmer with 16 seconds to play, giving the Renegades a 13-10 win over the Tampa Bay Bandits.
* The New Jersey Generals apparently don't need no stinkin' running backs. Injury-riddled New Jersey rallied in the fourth quarter to beat Cleveland, 29-21, behind a defense that limited the Thunderbolts to five first downs and 113 total yards.
* Shreveport WLB William Blackstone recorded 15 tackles and intercepted two passes, but the Steamer fell to the Georgia Force, 24-3,
* Denver's Corey True has 10 rushing TDs this season. The league record is 15, shared by Pittsburgh's John Murray (twice, 1974 and '75) and Chicago's Bruce Fine (1974).
* Jacksonville Bulls CB Gordon Wong has intercepted 13 passes, one shy of the league record set last season by Honolulu Hawaiians MLB Douglas Oneal. Wong has also tied a league record by returning two interceptions for TDs. Not far behind is Oklahoma Outlaws WLB Timothy Hall, whose 10 pickoffs this season rank No. 12 all-time.
* For whatever reason, this has been a great season for punters. Four punters are averaging 45 or more net yards per punt—Arizona's Alan Thomas, Philadelphia's Barry Enriquez, Oakland's Cody Carlin, and Birmingham's Jack Carle. The league record is 46.0, set by Cleveland's Dan Carr in 1982.
Last edited at 7/17/2019 8:04 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/17/2019 1:31 am
First of all Good Game Cleveland. You didn't get many yards but you got to the 4th qtr with the lead plus you got in on the "Let's kill all the Generals RBs" action.

Yes Marcus Allen is now questionable for 7 weeks so we have zero healthy RBs on our roster. Looks like Ric Flair won't be wearing a red jersey in practice as he needs some contact since he'll be getting carries next game.

It also looks like our standings glitch has returned. We have 5 games left and we only have a 4 game division lead so we haven't clinched anything yet.

By Pernbronze
7/17/2019 4:12 am
GG voodoo. Mfn gods really don't like me this season.

By tribewriter
7/17/2019 4:25 am
In all my seasons in MFN, I have never seen anything like what has happened to the Generals RB this season. Three guys, three long-term injuries. Unbelievable. At least they all have championship rings to look at during physical therapy.

7/17/2019 5:09 am
tribewriter wrote:
In all my seasons in MFN, I have never seen anything like what has happened to the Generals RB this season. Three guys, three long-term injuries. Unbelievable. At least they all have championship rings to look at during physical therapy.

Yeah, nobody is gonna shed a tear over this that's for sure. Not to be nitpicky but Marcus Allen doesn't have a ring since he's a rookie.

I was planning on not signing anyone since the Johnsons could be back for the playoffs, but I'm trying to sign a RB this time around. I'm just hoping Selmon, Timberlake and/or Ochocinco aren't next as they'll likely be ahead of the street RB in the depth chart against the Bell.

7/17/2019 5:16 am
BTW I posted our newest standings glitch in an already existing post in the Bug Box https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/6/5633?page=1&x=oa9VXUrzNX#35507

By tribewriter
7/17/2019 7:25 am
I see fixing that standings/clinch problem is "in development," so at least it's on JDB's radar:

https://www.myfootballnow.com/roadmap

By Hellbringer
7/17/2019 8:10 am
Great game Detroit. We kept it close, shut down your run game. I look forward to watching this one after work

By punisher
7/17/2019 10:17 am
tribewriter wrote:
I see fixing that standings/clinch problem is "in development," so at least it's on JDB's radar:

https://www.myfootballnow.com/roadmap

actually i think when it is " IN development " area i think that is what he is currently working on which i hope is true because that also would mean he is working on that and the home screen redesign which i thought is the new update for the site that he talked about .

By jabillups85
7/17/2019 10:56 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
First of all Good Game Cleveland. You didn't get many yards but you got to the 4th qtr with the lead plus you got in on the "Let's kill all the Generals RBs" action.

Yes Marcus Allen is now questionable for 7 weeks so we have zero healthy RBs on our roster. Looks like Ric Flair won't be wearing a red jersey in practice as he needs some contact since he'll be getting carries next game.

It also looks like our standings glitch has returned. We have 5 games left and we only have a 4 game division lead so we haven't clinched anything yet.

GG Generals. Great defense. My team is on the struggle bus this year. Our QB play is terrible.