The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Week 10 Discussion

By tribewriter
7/14/2019 1:24 pm
* The Houston Gamblers conducted a Week 10 demonstration of force as they overwhelmed the Memphis Showboats, 49-14, in the battle for first place in the Southwest Division. The Gamblers forced six turnovers and MLB Roderick Carver returned an interception 22 yards for a TD. RB Mark Lambert had 81 yards rushing and 153 receiving, accounting for one TD each way, and FS Kendall Burnett picked off two passes and had a team-high five tackles. Carver's interception return broke a 7-7 tie in the second quarter and Memphis was never close again.
* Defending league champion New Jersey may have won the battle but lost the war. The Generals edged the Boston Breakers, 9-7, but lost RBs Rudi Johnson (leg) and Magic Johnson (knee). This is Rudi Johnson's 17th injury, which will likely affect the length of his career. Johnson suffered his second knee injury. Neither was deemed "serious" in the transactions log. Rookie RB Marcus Allen says he is ready to carry the team on his back, since the trade deadline has passed.
* The Michigan Panthers moved into second place in the bruising Midwest Division race with a 19-0 shutout of the Chicago Blitz. DT John Brown had four tackles, a sack, and a fumble recovery for Michigan, which limited Chicago to 183 total yards.
* The Oklahoma Outlaws cooled off what had been a red-hot San Antonio team, 13-0. The Gunslingers had won four of five before running into an Oklahoma defense that forced five turnovers. WLB Timothy Hall intercepted two passes and FS Stephen Harris recorded nine tackles for the Outlaws.
* The Georgia Force (4-6) have already won more games than in the last two seasons combined following a 17-12 win over the Portland Storm behind Allen Rose's two TD passes to Kenny Heasley.
* New Baltimore coach 4343 picked up a victory in his debut as the Stars took a 27-3 lead and held on to beat the Washington Federals, 30-24. The Feds lost despite outgaining Baltimore 477-287. Jon Snow fired four TD passes for the Stars.
* Upset-minded Oakland led Denver, 13-3, in the third quarter, but the Gold rallied for a 15-13 win. The Invaders got as close as the Denver 43 in the final minute, but turned the ball over on downs. SS Gary Nelson had 11 tackles for Oakland.
* All four of Los Angeles Express WR Dane Britt's catches went for TDs during a 49-24 win over the San Jose SaberCats. Britt finished with 259 yards on TDs of 78, 66, 67, and 48 yards and is tied with James Sheckler of New Orleans for the league lead in receiving TDs (10).

Last edited at 7/15/2019 9:16 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/15/2019 1:27 am
Good game Boston. I thought Breakers referred to waves but not today, you broke 2 of my RB's. Both Johnsons ended up questionable for 7 weeks.

By Pernbronze
7/15/2019 3:46 am
GG force. I'm pretty much guaranteed to have the Storms worst season ever.

By Hellbringer
7/15/2019 5:48 am
GG Chicago. This Panthers D is firing on all cylinders, and thanks to some outside help, our offense is moving the ball and finishing drives.

We have a great division going, thanks for being awesome Crimson!

By trslick
7/15/2019 10:08 am
GG Orlando

By AlexanDragon
7/15/2019 10:58 am
What a game oakland!
Last edited at 7/15/2019 10:58 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/15/2019 12:00 pm
tribewriter wrote:
* Defending league champion New Jersey may have won the battle but lost the war. The Generals edged the Boston Breakers, 9-7, but lost RBs Rudi Johnson (leg) and Magic Johnson (knee). This is Rudi Johnson's 17th injury, which will likely affect the length of his career. Johnson suffered his second knee injury. Neither was deemed "serious" in the transactions log. Rookie RB Marcus Allen says he is ready to carry the team on his back, since the trade deadline has passed.

17? I knew Rudi has been hurt a lot, but that number shocked me. I may or may not sign someone off the FA list. Either way, I'll also mix in some WR's and backup QB Ric Flair into the RB mix. Unfortunately we're used to mixing and matching in the backfield as Ochocinco, Timberlake and Flair have all seen time at RB in their careers.

By Wolveraider
7/15/2019 4:27 pm
Good game Steamer.

By CrazyRazor
7/15/2019 5:11 pm
GG 4343

By cyclonelomax
7/15/2019 6:11 pm
gg trslick , we are really struggling this season.